Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Dad's coming home.

I go get him at 2:00. Jeannie called and said they had a good visit. She also said we should go down to Social Security and get things straightened out. I'm not sure just what but hey, that's what they're there for.

Gotta go. We're going to work on his back yard.

It's 3:50 now. Back from the airport. Dad seems better (for now). He thinks the stress of trying to get his taxes together was messing him up. I agree with him on that. He had a good time on his trip though he wishes he had more time to visit the Macaluso's.

I told him that our wheel barrow was missing. He decided we absolutely had to find it. When we got home we went on a wheel barrow search. Jeez, there were wheelbarrows everywhere! He must have at least 10 wheelbarrows in good working condition. We wandered around the barnyard (that's where it was, full of greasy motor parts. I figure Carlos took it.) and it bothered him to see the barnyard so junky. Timio's bags of grass seed and chemicals was a big mess in the barn. Dad's kind of pissed about that. He said Timio's done a lot for him but maybe it would be nice to not have to put up with all this crap. I hadn't said anything about it. He came up with that one on his own.

There's a lot to do. We have to finish the trust, inventory the farm, finish Dad's taxes, fix the back hoe so they can fill in the big hole, figure out the rest of Dad's finances and get Dad back to the doctor for his cataract surgery, his knee and to finish his Alzheimer's evaluation. We have to get the realtor up here so we can get started on leasing the big field and get some income for Dad.

I looked at some of the Alzheimer's websites the other night. It looks like Dad is in stage 4 of 7. What's coming ain't so good. I knew that but looking at the websites was a good wake up call. Drew and Mindy know what to expect because they've been through it with her dad. Dede and David also know. I don't know about Debbie. I talked about it with Stacey today and told her what I had read. She was kind of shocked. There's a big life change coming up for all of us and we need to be prepared. I know that's an understatement but it's way too easy to go into denial. I know it is for me.

I have to keep moving on getting my health together. I think later this week I can get the electrocardiogram (yeah, I know, I should've done that weeks ago). I need to get another blood test because those blood sugar numbers weren't so good. Crap. I pretty much knew that one was coming. But the reason for all these tests is so I can get started on a doctor-supervised weightloss program. With all that's coming I really need to stay healthy. I can't give my health over to a disease that's not even mine.

No comments: