Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Something new every day

This morning Dad came over and talked to Jim. I was still in bed. He thought that I had all his medication somewhere. He couldn't find it at his house so he thought I had it.

When we went to the doctor last week he took all his meds with him so the doctor could see what he's been taking. He had everything (current meds, old meds, empty bottles) in a white plastic grocery bag. I offered to give him a nice, small, paper shopping bag with handles but he said his bag was fine. For some reason I knew I really should have insisted he take the nice paper bag. Next time, follow my instincts.

After he got back from the doctor he must have put the bag down somewhere and forgotten about it. Now his meds are lost somewhere in his house in that white plastic bag that looks like every other piece of loose trash floating around. I'm going to go over and look for them and help him pack for Texas.

He said he hasn't taken any of his meds in the last few days because he just didn't think about it. Usually he's very good about that. I guess now we'll have to check on that every day. If it is vascular dementia and not Alzheimer's then he really needs to take his hypertension meds and take care of his diabetes.

By the way, he found his keys. His pants are still lost.

No comments: