Monday, February 07, 2005

checking in

I called Dad this morning. He's having a fun visit. Herbie took him to a junk yard to find some steel. Dad feels at home in a junk yard.

It's been a nice break for us knowing that the phone isn't going to ring 10 times a day and Dad isn't just going to show up at the door and send the dogs into a frenzy 4 or 5 times a day.

My singing thing on Sunday went well. I wasn't perfect but I also didn't totally blow it. This church was in Yucaipa which is at a higher altitude than I'm used to. Not much but it did affect my singing. Still, I did ok. Kevin took me out for breakfast between services. Probably shouldn't have done that. It made me a bit phlemmy.

The superbowl party was also much better than expected. The cousins all behaved. We did the family hootnanny thing which was fun. One of the cousins had a football pool going. Jan and Dallas took the whole thing. How they managed to rig the game is way beyond any of us. One of the younger cousins was in one of the Pepsi commercials. Her career is really taking off. She's also been in a few magazines. Cute girl.

I went over to Dad's to check on things this morning. Jim and I need to get over there and clean the back yard. We've had some windy days so the pool is full of debris and the dogs have contributed massive amounts of poop to the yard. When you go back there you have to carry a stick to keep Maggie from poking her nose in your butt and pushing you into the pool. She's a sweet dog but a huge pest. And Lady is just plain weird. I wonder about what we'll do when Dad get's too far gone to care for them. Maggie is old but she's showing no signs of slowing down. I guess we'll figure it out when we need to.

No comments: