Thursday, February 24, 2005

I gotta hand it to him...

He was dealt quite a blow today and he's handled it remarkably well. I went over to check on him and he was much calmer- chipper, even. I asked him if he called the psychiatrist and he said he hadn't gotten around to it. I had read a suggestion on one of the AD websites that said taking a cab is a good idea. It might seem expensive, but if you're not paying for gas, insurance and maintenance on a car it's a pretty good deal. I told him about that and he seemed open to it. Tonight he got a ride to and from choir practice. What a trooper.

We talked a little about him moving downstairs and having us move into his house. He said he thinks he should do that real soon. I told him we could wait until we have our family meeting to figure that one out. Everyone should be in on that decision.

Tonight we jammed with some old friends from highschool. That was super fun. They want Jim to join their band but he just can't commit. He'll probably play with them occasionally. They're nice guys and good musicians.

It looks like Casual Sunday might squeek one one performance out of Pepito's this weekend. The new owner hasn't made the switchover yet, so the place is available. I would enjoy that. Our band is fun.

No comments: