Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday already!

I'm waiting around for the dumpster guy to get here. One got picked up already, I'm just waiting for the other one to go. Then I'll go to Ramona to paint the big fake tree they made. The tree that looks like an alien. Or a dolphin. Or a giant dildo with tyrannosaurus rex arms sticking out around the top. Giant French tickler? So, I gotta paint it to look like a dead tree. By tonight. It's going to be used for the Band Extravaganza performance.

I also have to go by Mickey's to see if anyone has signed up for tonight's class. I hope no one did. I have too much to do. This week got away from me.

October is half over and I haven't put up a single Halloween decoration.

I need coffee.

6 comments:

vivage said...

You must get a picture of the tree or whatever it is. A dildo? Hmmmm.

Did ya mainline some caffeine?

Donita Curioso said...

I'm going to take pictures tonight. Painting it made a huge difference.

Oh yeah, the caffeine, she's a goooood.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, the tree looked just great from the stands. I forgot my damn camera. I took some pictures with my cell phone.

Dede comes back tomorrow morning, Dad comes back tomorrow afternoon. That was a quick week!

vivage said...

Well, how was the extravaganza?

Ya gonna post the transformed tree?

Donita Curioso said...

I have to figure out why my phone won't send me my photos. I don't know how the pictures turned out. The stadium lights were a problem.

The extravanganza wasn't as good as it's been in the past. Ramona really had the best show. The others were just plain boring. King did this thing where the color guard dragged benches around. They'd get up on them and twirl their flag (one flag) and then move them around. I saw a group at Drum Corps International use benches but they were all over the place, doing gymnastics and using them as ramps. The King group would just drag them into a different position and stand on them or sit on them. The color guard's outfits were these boring gray skirts. The whole thing really didn't work. And they hadn't finished choreographing the piece so for the last movement the band just stood there and the girls sat on the benches. I don't mean to rag on King. I was just kind of surprised they didn't do better.

The other school's shows were completely forgettable.

The Ramona show was Sleepy Hollow. The two big props were this covered bridge and the tree. The color guard used several different flags and even had these pumpkin head things that they twirled around on ropes. At one point they covered themselves with big black veils and ran around like ghosties. It looked pretty cool.

vivage said...

My friend Kim's kids go to the school on Central and Vic. She said their props were terrible and from where she was sitting she couldn't tell what they were. But she saw it at a field show not the extravaganza.