Saturday, October 13, 2007

So far, a pretty interesting weekend.

Last night I went to Ken and Sherri's for an evening of good cheer. Did some drinking. Played some music. Laughed a lot. Man, I so appreciate my relationship with them. I feel so loved when I'm with them. Ken and I have a whole new bond. We understand each other's pain. Our musical relationship has changed. (Heh! Musical Relationship would be a good name for a band.) I always used to sing with Ken while he and Jim played. Well, now Jim's gone and I've learned to play the ukulele. Ken and I now play and sing together and it's reeeeally fun.

(I just went away for about 20 minutes)

Hoo boy. Just now I got blasted by a pretty big wave of grief. It was a very intense feeling of loss that just kind of snuck up on me. Needed to happen, I guess.

This morning we started filling up a dumpster. Dede and David, Stacey and Scotty, Hector and one of his guys and me. Muddy work! Boy, I sure do appreciate and admire my sibs. We were working hard and getting dirty and having just a jolly old time. Ever since this whole Alzheimer's thing began we've worked together as a team. Everyone always seemed to be on the same page. I think this experience has brought out the best in all of us.

(Ok, more crying)

At around noon I went to Mickey's. No one signed up for the class so I demoed (demo-ed?) for a couple of hours. Not much happened there. Another bad customer service incident happened. One of the floor associates watched me make a skeleton. She was on her break. A customer came up and said she'd been looking for her because she needed help with something. The sales associate looked at her and sneeringly said, "I'm on my lunch." After I picked my jaw up off the floor I asked the customer what she needed. She asked me some questions about paint and I told her what she should use and where she could find it. The sales trog stood there and interjected inane bullshit while the customer and I chatted and just plain ignored her. Puh!

After that I came home and hung out for a while. Then Dede, David and I met Sherri at the (hopefully) new house. Sherri had arranged for a showing. Grandma and Grandpa were there again and as soon as we walked through the door they treated the whole thing like it was a friendly visit. No, I don't want to visit, I want to see the house. Dede and Sherri were just brilliant. They sat in the kitchen and talked with the owners while I showed David around the house. Then on the way out to the yard I snagged Dede and gave her the tour. We were all able to get a good look at the house and keep Grandma and Grandpa occupied.

David and Dede both really like the house. Afterward we went back to Sherri's and went over the paperwork. There are a couple bits of information that we need before we can make an offer but that should all come together next week. Everyone's trying not to get emotionally nvolved but dang, we all want this house!

Then I came home to get ready to go to the Thrilling Adventure & Supernatural Suspense Hour show. I drove to Hollywood and met Lindsay and Kyle at the M Bar. Arica and Chris also came. Had a good dinner and saw a fun show. Not as good as last time but still pretty funny. And there were some brilliant moments.

And now I'm home. Tomorrow we fill another dumpster.

9 comments:

vivage said...

Wow you had a full day. Here are some questions for you:

Do gramma and grampa come with the house?

Was that Mickeys lady short and skinny? Cuz she sounds like the insane lady who kept talking at me and the Zoester, insane, inane comments.

Donita Curioso said...

We were joking about Gammer and Gaffer yesterday! They don't look like they're packing! I'm beginning to think they DO come with the house.

No, the Mickey's lady was short and fat. She kept talking about her Halloween decor like it's better than anyone else could ever do. And the stuff she was talking about was lame. I didn't say anything about what I do.

Man, I slept late! That almost never happens anymore.

vivage said...

I'd kick them out asap. Otherwise you'll get stuck taking care of them or all their kids will be fighting over who does what.

Glad you slept in, I did not today.

Anonymous said...

You love your sibs (and sibs-in-law)--I saw The Darjeeling Limited today. It's about sibs. It was really good; I liked it a lot. When it was over, KC and I hugged each other.

Maybe you better not see it. It might lay you out.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

I would like to see it. I'll take a towel.

We got the dumpster filled about 3/4 full yesterday. My back is killing me this morning. No problemo, I've got heavy duty pain killers. After I'm done here I'm going next door to help Dede go through Dad's house.

I brought Lady over here to stay while Dad's in Texas. She's confused. Last night I treated her for ticks. I zapped the other two dogs too, just in case. Dad's yard is infested with ticks. It's getting cold so they'll be less active but I want to make sure all the dogs are tick-free before we move.

Yesterday Paige brought home another bunny. She says it's temporary. Yeah, right. He's very cute. He has the classic cute bunny face.

Anonymous said...

Is there an ugly bunny face?

--dean

Unknown said...

http://wickedstageact2.typepad.com/life_on_the_wicked_stage_/WindowsLiveWriter/CheneyOReillyandOtherBadActors_F52F/evil_easter_bunny4.jpg
http://project.ioni.st/images/uploads/angora-rabbit.jpg

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected.

--dean

vivage said...

Go to RiteAid and get some TigerBalm patches. Good stuff.