Thursday, October 04, 2007

The plan as I understand it.

And I could be wrong.

Due to a serendipitous error we will not be waiting around here for another tree season. We all feel like things were getting dragged out anyway and Dad seems to be ready (sort of) to move so we're moving up the escrow date to the middle of December. Things have been set into high gear big time.

The house in the Odien's old neighborhood is pending sale. So, it's fairly certain that we won't be able to get it. But you never know. It's a disappointment because it's a wonderful house and the price was as good as it gets in that neighborhood. Sherri and I looked at a lot of houses and that one was by far the best. We'll know in a couple weeks if that sale is going to go through. In the meantime we'll keep looking.

I'm going to rent a storage unit and start filling it with our stuff. That way if I don't find a house in time there won't be a big panic about moving. I'm also going to let my boss at Michael's know what's going on. I'm going to have too much going on here to put much time and energy into an iffy job.

We're gioing to continue with the cleaning. Next weekend I'm going to rent two huge dumpsters. Drew and Mindy are taking Dad to Texas so we'll be free to throw things away with wreckless abandon. I have to finish going through the records. Andy's friend never got back to me. I guess I'll call him and see if he's still interested in taking some of them.

The next few weeks are going to be awesomely crazy and filled with LOTS of hard work. I'll be a packing fool. Today I took a look inside the storage trailer and got overwhelmed. I couldn't make a decision about anything. I closed it up and started packing up garage stuff. I think I'll feel better once I'm actually getting stuff out of here and into a storage unit. There's so much to do everywhere I look that it's easy to get stuck.

It's hard to believe it's actually going to happen. We're leaving the farm. Everything that's here will be gone. It's time to let go. Everything is going to be so crazy that there won't be time to deal with all the emotions that are sure to come up. We'll have to make sure we treat each other kindly during this time.

Or else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew. Well, it might be good to be so busy.

vivage said...

Yowser!