Sunday, October 28, 2007

Packing, packing, packing!

Whee! Filling boxes with wreckless abandon! Wheeeee!

My back still hurts like a hurting thing but I can putter around and pack without bothering it too much. Yesterday I bought a big computer desk at Goodwill for $30. It'll be good to get rid of the door table we've been using. I took it straight to storage. Paige and Gabe met me there and helped me move it in. Man, it's heavy!

Today I'm going to work on the records. I finally got the right kind of boxes for them so I can box them up as I go along. I think I'll be able to finish that project today.

Boy, I wish I could get into the new house early so I could do stuff like measure the rooms for carpet and figure out paint colors. I'm getting more excited about the move. That little glow of happiness is getting brighter. But to really make it fly I'll need to get that perfect job that's waiting for me out there somewhere. I'll tackle that project after the first of the year.

Ok, enough goofing off. Go pack.

6 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Well, I didn't get any packing done. Paige wanted to go to the mall to get a bustier for her Halloween costume. Walking from the parking lot to Frederick's really hurt. Having my back messed up makes me walk kinda hunched over to the side. Being asymmetrical like that really hurt my left hip and leg. Puttering around the house doesn't hurt because I'm only take a few steps at a time and I can sit and rest when I need to. Walking at the mall was a huge drag.

While Paige was shopping I sat on a bench and watched people. Boy, I was so full of judgment. It was kind of funny.

It's early but I'm going to jammy up and relax. That trip to the mall (maul) was all my back could take.

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, I mustered up some motivation and went out to the barn and sorted records. I boxed them as I went. Got a lot done.

Been thinking a lot about Jim lately. I'm also having a lot of "woosh" moments like, "What the hell happened?" and, "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod..." and, "Wow, this is actually happening". I kind of feel like Lucy in "The Long, Long Trailer". Like I'm getting dragged at high speed into the next phase of my life and stuff is falling on my head and I'm crying WAAAAHHH but Ricky isn't stopping the car. Several times a day I find myself astonished.

Lots of good stuff happening, too. Big good stuff. This whole thing is a mixed bag. I'm thankful for the good stuff. It helps make the ride fun. Overwhelming, though.

And now I'm going to Dad's for evening meds.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you moving!

How do you go from packing records to bustier? What is the logical progression from vinyl disks to boob wrangling?

What are you going to do for Halloween this year?

Donita Curioso said...

I don't knoooOOOooow what I'm doing for Halloween this year. I haven't put up a single decoration. I have no plans. The world must have come to an end or something.

It doesn't make sense to put up decorations anyway. The house is blasted. Boxes are piled everywhere.

So, next year.

Anonymous said...

Well you can't be alone on Halloween--you have to go to Stacey's house. I bet her house will be hoppin'.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

No, no action on that street. I just don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll just drive around and look at people's decorations. When we decorated at Kevin's I'd always take a little stroll up the street to see what other people were doing. But I usually never got very far because by that time I was pretty tired. Or I could go to the new neighborhood and see what they do.