Sunday, October 21, 2007

AAAIIEEEE!!!!!!

For the last few weeks I haven't been able to find my good glasses. You know, the prescription glasses I got at Costco? The ones that cost me a hundred bucks? DAD HAS THEM!!!!

I went over there just now to do evening meds. Laurie was there. She's one of the church ladies. She and Dad were watching a ball game. She had taken him to the grocery store. We all brought the groceries in from her car. Hoo boy. I appreciate her taking him but she doesn't know that there are certain things he can't handle cooking. Like eggs. Oh well.

After I gave him his pills we went back into the tv room and chatted a little. I saw my glasses sitting on his table. I picked them up and said, "Dad, I think these are my glasses." He immediately jumped into evil mode and raised his voice. "Those are MINE! I've had them for years!" I quickly put them down and said ok. I really didn't want to get into a fight in front of Laurie. Hopefully they'll still be there in the morning. Crap. They were filthy and the frame was a little bent. I didn't have hold of them long enough to see if they were scratched. I'm guessing yes.

So, I guess I'll need to get new glasses. I think I'll wait until after the move.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have waited until he wasn't looking and pocketed them. He'd never have figured it out.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

I know. When will I ever learn?

They weren't on the table this morning. He must have grabbed them right after I left last night. Damn!

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! You guys are burning down! Rancho Bernardo and Poway and Escondido are burning down! A quarter million people have fled! The fire is inside the San Diego city limits. They're thinking the wild animal park is in the path. Good god almighty!

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

Oh, yeah. it's majorly smokey around here. I forget about it until I walk outside. You can smell the smoke and the sky is all white. And the wind blows and blows. Big fires in Orange county, too.

vivage said...

And there are fires in Ontairo and Arrowhead. We're getting surrounded.

It's pretty nasty outside.

Donita Curioso said...

Jesu! Malibu, too.

My eyes have been burning all day. I don't think I'll be going up the Rube today.

Anonymous said...

Whoa- I thought it was just Malibu and I was stressing for Kyle 45 miles away from that in Sun Valley- I didn't know you were affected as well- I'm watching the news right now- people's houses burning up- I guess I won't complain about our rainy days anymore :( I can't imagine going out and breathing smoke.

Donita Curioso said...

All the fires are pretty far away from us but the wind is blowing the smoke our way. It's better now.

I went over to Dad's to do evening meds. He was wearing my glasses so I couldn't nab them. His glasses were on the bathroom counter. Rats.

Heh! Would I get into too much trouble if I just snatched them off his face and ran out the door?

He's still complaining about the pain from his fall. I'm taking him to the doctor on Thursday. I looked at his midsection. He's pretty bruised. I gave him some Ibuprophen and some Vicodin. The doctor said it's ok for him to take both. That oughta knock the pain out for the evening.

vivage said...

Have you switched out the glasses yet? Or are you still waiting for a opportune moment?
goebq = to go bbq

Donita Curioso said...

Nope. Every time I go over there he's wearing them. I haven't seen his glasses in a while. If he can't find his glasses I don't want to take mine back and leave him with nothing. I might just give up on them and get some new ones.