Friday, June 29, 2007

Quote

All human beings should try to learn before they die
what they are running from, and to, and why.

-James Thurber


The Google main page always has a "Quote of the Day". Sometimes they grab me. I decided to start posting some here. It's my way of appearing literate.

I bought 3 sets of those shelves. Them's heavy suckers. They're still in the truck. I'll take them out piece by piece.

Tomorrow is a big party at Stacey's. Scotty achieved his doctorate! Before the party the sibs are having a meeting. Looking forward to this one.

I bought The Office on dvd at Costco the other day. It's the first 2 seasons. I've always loved that show and the earlier British version on BBC/America. Now that we've got dvr I've been seeing it a lot. The last episode of this season was really good. So, now I'm hooked. The Jim/Pam storyline makes me all tingly.

Baby kitten is growing. No more protruding ribs. She's a major chow hound. Spiral is in kitty heaven. He's so happy to have a playmate. It's fun to watch them play. He smacks her around and she gives it right back. They're crazy about each other.

Gonna play some uke.

6 comments:

vivage said...

Love the quote. Risk can be such a fickle thing.

Hmmmm, what shall I risk today?

Donita Curioso said...

Hmmmm, indeed.

Last night I risked alcohol poisoning. Wheweeee! The party was really fun. Stacey and Scotty's yard was bursting with people. Scott's family is huge! Lots of people got up to make speeches for him.

Bleah. It's taking me way too long to write this. I really am very hungover.

The family meeting went well. We decided to have Dad stay in his house until the end of January. That is, if he's able. We're going to start cleaning up the place almost right away. We think getting started on the barns will help him understand that this move is really going to happen and it might make it easier when it's time to start clearing out his house.

Ok, I'm going back to bed.

vivage said...

Well, you cleaned up pretty well and I had no idea you were hungover today. You looked chipper and darned cute in your asian inspired outfit.

Donita Curioso said...

Aw, thanks! By the time you saw me I'd had a meal and a nap. Right after uke group I want home and snoozed.

I was not at all chipper at uke group. Man, the lighting in that room is harsh and depressing. It was a hangover enhancer.

vivage said...

I don't like that room at all. Lighting sucks, and it's depressing in there. LOL, it reminds of sitting in a garage.

Donita Curioso said...

Bare bulbs! Ugh!

It really could be a cool room if they'd put some effort into it.