Monday, June 18, 2007

Working out at home.

I've been wanting to set up a gym area here so I can do some weight training. I'm ok on the aerobics, Mt. Rubidoux takes care of that. But I really need to lift some weights. I saw an interesting infomercial the other day. Yes, I got sucked in. I bought a Fluidity bar. (Gawd, I hate that name. Sounds so corporate) It's basically a portable ballet bar. It comes with stretchy bands, a ball and some instructional videos. It came just before I left for Santa Rosa so I was able to get in one workout last Wednesday. It combines ballet strength training and stretches with yoga and pilates moves. Um, ok. Anyway, I thought the workout was pretty good and it's cheaper than joining a gym ($235). I'll also use my big exercise ball and 8 pound weights for abs and arms. I can't do the ab exercise that they show on the Fluidity video but I can do abs with the exercise ball.

I like that I can exercise here in the studio alone and with air conditioning. The bar folds up and leans flat against the wall so it won't be taking up space in the room.

So, I should stop wasting time on this computer and get to work.

8 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, I dood it. The Fluidity workout isn't enough on its own. At least the beginning workout isn't. After I finished that I did weights, abs and stretches with the big ball. Oooooh, that was good for my back.

Ok, this'll work.

vivage said...

Good you dood it! And I have some goooood ball exercises when you decide you want them.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh, YES! I want them now!

Donita Curioso said...

Yeesh. This morning I dreamed I was in a cafeteria talking to a couple of girls who were taking a self-help seminar. They were discussing the results of a questionnaire they had just taken. I asked them if I could take it. The looked over my answers and shook their heads. They said, "According to this you have already spinstered."

SPINSTERED??? Oh nooooooo!!!!

vivage said...

Maybe it was a questionaire for a spinning class?

You'll have to either call me for the ball instructions or I'll have to show you, toooo hard to write out.

Donita Curioso said...

Okey dokey.

Anonymous said...

Gee, what a cryptic, uninterpretable dream. I wonder what it could mean...

--leg

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, it's a total mystery.