Friday, June 08, 2007

It's late

Tonight I went to LA to see Janet Klein at the Steve Allen Theater. Man, what a great show! She's completely adorable. I arrived a little late but I got a front row seat. After the show I went to House Of Pies to get some dinner. Janet came walking in with Ian Whitcomb and Vince Cortese and some of the Parlor Boys. I had my program and the cds I bought at the show sitting on the table. They all said hi as they filed by and Janet said, "Hey, you were there tonight!" Yup. I thanked her for putting on such a fun show.

But that's all I'm going to write tonight because I'm tired. Man Of La Mancha opens this weekend. I'm not sure what night I'll see it. Gotta be this weekend, tho. We're going to Sonoma County next week.

8 comments:

vivage said...

i don't even know when I'm going. we've been so tired at night (cuz he also doesn't get home from rehearsal til late) that we haven't even talked about it.

did you go by yourself last night?

Donita Curioso said...

Yep. All by myself.

Donita Curioso said...

Damn. Right now I can receive e-mail but I can't send it. Dean and Virginia, I tried to send you guys letters but they're stuck in the ether. Damn AT&T.

Donita Curioso said...

I'm going to La Mancha tonight.

vivage said...

well, damn. if i didn't have to get up at 6 am i would have gone.

billyc would have gone if he didn't have rehearsal. i wonder if any of the uke circle people would have gone with you?

Donita Curioso said...

It was kind of short notice and I don't have their e-mail addresses. She's going to be playing there once a month all through 2007. I'll make sure everyone knows about the next one. It's on July 5th. I'll be in Santa Rosa but I'm going to go to the August show.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I saw her a couple of years ago in a park. Sorry I couldn't go, but, like I said, I NEEDED to walk.

Donita Curioso said...

You can tell me about it tomorrow. Must have been a pretty big need.