Monday, June 11, 2007

I give up

I've lost all control. We have a new kitten.

Today when I was leaving to go walk (I never made it) I saw something move out in the driveway. A teeeeeny kitten darted out and hid under the car. I called Paige out to make sure I didn't run over it when I backed up. While we were looking for the kitten I noticed that Zoe was very interested in something in the bushes. I went over there and saw a pair of eyes through the leaves. Paige and I tried to grab her (well, we think it's a her) but she escaped through a hole in the fence. She hid in the bushes behind the house. Paige poked around a little bit and managed to catch her.

She's soooo bony. Who knows how long she was hanging around here or if she has any littermates. But she is oh-so gosh darned cute! She's black with white toes, a white chest and she has white around her black nose. Her fur is long. She hissed at first but her fear is no match for Paige's industrial strength cuddling. Paige took her into the house to stuff her full of tuna. I was SENT to the grocery store for kitten food.

I was planning to take Katie to the vet tomorrow anyway to get her stitches out. I'll take the new kit along to get checked out, sexed, wormed and vaccinated. Spiral is very interested in her but we'll wait a few days before introducing them. Get the baby fattened up a bit.

So, Paige has a new helpless critter to lavish her attention on.

The bunnies are now occupying the new cage. They seem to like it. Good gawd, I hope nothing else shows up that is in desperate need of saving. "Oh look, a starving horse! Can we keep it?"

6 comments:

vivage said...

You'd better go look at my blog and see what I just posted.

Congrats on a new love.

boadqmpf -- new kitty name

Donita Curioso said...

EEEKK!! Puppies!

vivage said...

Now, you'll note I didn't mention puppies, hahahahah, you did.

(i am sure they will be extra cute)

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yeah, puppies are da bomb. And if I could I'd take one.

I took the kitten to the vet this morning. She's a she. Other than being half starved she's healthy. Leukemia test came back normal. No ear mites. Lots of fleas but that's easy to treat. I've already dosed her. I'll take her back in a month for vaccines.

Her name is Ink.

Dean- My outgoing e-mail is screwed up. I sent you a letter just last night.

Anonymous said...

EEEK! First Kyle and Spiral, then 2 bunnies, now a cute kitty! (did I forget anyone?) Who knows what else will show up on your doorstep :)

Donita Curioso said...

You know, I've heard that finding a stray Kyle on your doorstep is good luck. All you have to do is give him something to eat and a place to sleep and all your wildest dreams will come true.

Vote For Pedro.

Spiral is confused by the new kitten. He wants to play but he's not sure what to do. Gracie is just dying to get close to her. She's a very motherly dog. When we first got Katie and her brother as little kittens Gracie loved fussing over them. She licked them like they were her own puppies. Ink seems to not mind Gracise too much as long as she doesn't get too close. I predict they'll be best buds within the week.