Friday, June 01, 2007

The weekend

I wanted to move on from the anniversary post.

Yesterday I picked Katie up from the vet. She had a lump on her side that finally got big enough to worry about so I had them remove it. The vet said it was difficult to get to because it was between the muscle layers. Poor kitty's got lots of stitches inside. She's pretty out of it. She's usually so strong and active. It's strange to see her like this. I'm keeping her locked up in my bedroom. She really doesn't need Spiral bugging her right now.

I had a nice lunch with Virginia. She's still healing from elbow surgery. No more leisure time for that girl. She has to go back to work on Monday.

This weekend Paige and I are going to build a bunny enclosure in the planting bed under her window. We feel sorry for the bunnies having to live in their two small cages. This new enclosure will give them plenty of room to run around. I'm going to go to Home Depot pretty soon to buy materials.

This will be the first building project I've done totally on my own. Jim and I always did projects together. So, right now I've got him in my head. I've been working out the design and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do. I just hope Paige and I can do the work without Dad coming over to "help". We'll be right outside his office window. I think we'll be ok, tho. Ball games this weekend.

Sunday is the ukulele group meeting. I've been working on Touch Me from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Hee-hee!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie Kitty. She'll be ok.

Mary--I boiled eggs this week and poked holes, just like you said, but I left them in the hot water awhile instead of bathing them in cold water, and the peels just slid right off!

Hmm... a new technique?

vivage said...

damned elbow, damned having to work for my piddley check.

katie ought to back in in the next day or so, it does take a while to heal from surgery. poor kitty.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, I guess the vet had to rip into her pretty good to get at the lump. He was a little surprised to find it where it was. So right now she's not moving around much. I doubt if she's even eaten since Tuesday night. I've seen her drink some water but she's not eating. I guess that's ok for now. I have to give her antibiotics twice a day.

Poor effed-up kitty.

vivage said...

she probably doens't want any food, i didn't and the first day i ate something it made me nauseous.

probably tomorrow she'll be perked up.

Donita Curioso said...

She's actually a little better now. Still not eating but she climbed up on my chest while I was in bed reading. I could tell it hurt her to move that much. But she's a cuddle kitty and she's happiest when she's perched on one of her humans.

Man, she sure got skinny in 2 days.

Paige and I went to Home Depot after school today. We are loaded up and ready to build. I enjoyed the shopping trip with her. She's good at the details. I was kind of dreading this project but now I think it's going to be fun. I just hope we can get the whole thing done this weekend.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! This morning I gave Katie some tuna. She snarfed it right down. That cat would kill for tuna.