Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sore bunnies, puppies and shopping with Dad

Yesterday we had the bunnies spayed. They're not too peppy today. They're both female so we weren't worried about getting any babies but spaying them cuts down on agressive behavior. They might fight when they're in heat. Also, I read that 80% of female rabbits develop uterine cancer so spaying them will avoid future serious health problems. Hey, I found out that spaying bunnies is MUCH more expensive than spaying dogs and cats. Cool!

Virginia and Bill's dog, Mocha, had puppies this morning. She's their new dog. The little hussy was preggers when they got her and they didn't know it. So now there are 6 new pups for everyone to go ga-ga over. If anyone hears me make the slightest squeak about wanting one please whack me with a 2x4.

This morning I took Dad to the grocery store. He kept selecting things that needed complicated preparation. And by complicated I mean they must be baked in the oven. Dad can't handle even the simplest of cooking directions. I kept steering him towards the pre-cooked stuff that can be heated in the microwave. Every time I tried to discourage him from getting something that needed cooking he said, "Hey, I can do that! I've been doing it for years!" He didn't get testy (ah, that new medication!) but he did argue. He thought I was being overly fussy. I'm just trying to avoid getting extra phone calls, cooking it for him myself and fires. Mostly fires.

It took two hours to go through Ralph's. All I wanted to do was go home and take a huge nap. I think this was fun for him. After he filled his cart to overflowing he used mine. He was on a treasure hunt. Bought a lot of sweets. I've given up on trying to talk him out of that stuff.

I hope this land deal gets finalized soon. He was so dotty today. I really don't think he can handle living on his own much longer. With every item he selected I kept imagining him trying to cook it. Jeez, he called the other day asking me how to use toothpaste! His limp is more pronounced. Really, I think at this point he's barely hanging on. He needs to go into assisted living and soon.

Bleah. Right now my own house is out of control. Everything's a mess. I have a rabbit in the kitchen and a rabbit in my bathroom shower. There are two cat litter boxes that don't get cleaned as often as they should. I recently cleaned up my bedroom but it's exploded again. So, this Saturday I want the four of us to attack the house and clean it within an inch of its life. We've got to pull it back to center.

I guess I'll get started on my room right now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleaning!? HA! i fart in your general direction. This weekend we're MOVING!

--leg

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, so you win the Who's Having The Shittier Weekend? contest.

Really? You're moving? Into that house? No, wait, that's too soon. You're moving into KC's. Yep, you win the contest. In about a year you'll get to laugh at me!

vivage said...

I have empathy and sympathy for both of you.

I might have to wait to show you the puppies until they are cute enough that a 2x4 will feel like a sweet tickle!

FYI: my friend Kim's female bunny, Marge, tried to kill 2 of her dogs. Went on a bunny rampage. I swear. I was on the phone with her when it happened. Shows how good her (6) dogs are that they didn't actually turn around and kill the bunny.

They may be getting rid of the bunny.

Anonymous said...

Remember when President Carter smacked that swimming bunny over the head with an oar? And everybody laughed at his being afraid of a wascally wabbit? Well, things I've heard since lead me to believe that bunnies have a dark side.

--leg

Donita Curioso said...

Oh no! We'll all be murdered in our beds! Evil bunnies! AAAIIEEEE!!!!!

Well, that's why we had them spayed. Shows 'em we mean business.