Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Woo-hoo, DVR!

We got the new Uverse system installed today. It took three guys all day to set us up with cable tv, DSL and getting our messed up phone lines fixed. For some reason our line was entangled with Dad's. It was crossed up in their system, too. This new system offers more channels and it's cheaper than what I was paying for satellite tv and DSL. And it has DVR. Now I won't have to stay up late to watch Craig Ferguson. I can record The Dog Whisperer and The Office. We get both the west coast and east coast feeds on a lot of the channels. No IFC, tho. I guess I can live without that.

Wheeee, teeee-veeee!

Tomorrow the keyboard and Hammond parts guys come. After they're gone I'll have the rest of the day plus Thursday and Friday to pull the yard sale together. Gotta remember to place some ads and go to the bank for change. I'm going to get some white plastic tablecloths and some red duct tape at the dollar store to make huge banners for the fence (thank you Freeway Blogger for that idea).

Today was a good day. Got some housework done, got new tv, had a real nice walk.

6 comments:

vivage said...

yay for getting hooked up! kinda hard to be offline and pretty great to be paying less to b hooked up!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. You won't be able to live without the DVR. They have you now. They can raise the price, shoot you a bad picture, put you on hold for customer service, and you will take it... Believe me, I know.

tlirmn--technology addiction

--leg

Anonymous said...

Dear Dobu,

Here's a reminder to PLACE SOME ADS, and GO GET CHANGE!!!

Love, Mary

P.S. Hi Dean! Every time I hard boil eggs, I think of you!

Anonymous said...

P.P.S. aeiesif - I didn't know what it meant, but I'll bet I could kick butt in Scrabble!

(Mary)

Donita Curioso said...

Thanks for the reminder, Mary. All that stuff is on my list for tomorrow.

Dean- I know. They'll have to pry the DVR from my cold, dead hands.

Today the Hamtech guys came and picked up the keyboards and Hammond parts. It was pretty weird seeing then wheel that stuff into a trailer. Especially Jim's Hammond M3. That was his gigging organ. He really had it fixed up nice. It felt like they were putting HIM into the trailer. I almost got choked up there.

After they left I went in the house to talk to Lindsay. I told her it felt so weird to do that. I felt like I was selling his stuff behind his back. Lindsay said she felt the same thing. Like, boy is he gonna be mad when he comes home.

It's all so weird.

vivage said...

<3