Tuesday, May 01, 2007

First of May

"Maybe I'll see you in flagrante delicto..." Nah, probably not. I wonder how many Jonathan Coulton fans are running around singing that song today.

I'm back! Great visit with Dean! Yesterday I walked around Austin (ALL of Austin, I think). It was stormy and rainy but it was also warm so I had no problem being outside. After Dean got off work we went for some deelish Mexican fish soup (tasted like Nana's gumbo) and then she took me to the airport. The flight was blessedly uneventful except for the end. After we landed we had to wait for a truck to pull the plane to the gate. A hundred adults with full bladders and two screaming babies had to wait for about 20 minutes on a plane that was just 30 feet from the gate. Uncomfortable.

Lindsay and Kyle picked me up. It's always so nice to get home. Today I'm goofing off. Tomorrow I'm diving in and getting ready for our big yard sale at the end of this month.

But right now I'm going to make a pot of tea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dean sez:

Back to boring old life now.

You broke my clock! I took it to the clockmaker after work today and he says it isn't fixable. It worked JUST FINE before your visit!! The clockmaker asked if I'd had a visitor from the west with an unaligned magnetic field.

Donita Curioso said...

Puh! All I did was flip the switch on the back to turn off the alarm. I didn't even install that new battery you gave me. So, I'd say you should stick the new battery in and flip the switch. It if doesn't work, screw it. That clock was too cool and fabulous to live forever.

Really? He can't fix it? That's a huge bummer!

vivage said...

soooo glad you're back! no posts to read, no comments, not even from my own family! (pikers)

it sounds like the trip was way rejuvinating.