Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Feeling pretty good.

Maybe it's the low carb diet, maybe it's all that exercise I'm getting lately. I just feel good. Physically and emotionally. My only complaints are my crunchy neck, my spasmy back and my poppy knee. Not too pleased about that stuff. But my energy is good and today...

I
feel
happy.

A while back Dede found the home movies of our wedding. She put them on a dvd for me and today I watched it for the first time. Really, the first time. The picture and sound quality are poor but it's still awesomely cool to watch. I didn't get weepy at all. I just enjoyed it.

Got some housework done, finished reading the 5th Harry Potter book and I had a great walk up Mt. Rubidoux. I came home and cooked up a load of chicken and salmon so I've got some easy-to-grab protein for the next several days.

Tra-la-la!

Yeah, I know, it's all small stuff. But it's such a relief to not feel like I'm constantly on the verge of tears. I know this won't last. There's still much more "grief work" to do. I do know that. But today I felt like my old self, like the Donita who is just naturally happy. I'm glad she still exists!

5 comments:

vivage said...

ya see? catharisis! i wish i could actually spell that word!

Anonymous said...

The naturally happy Donita was in Texas a couple of weeks ago.

--legadillo

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, but she was drunk most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Hey! That was good USA California wine. Do you support our grapes or don't you?

--leg

Donita Curioso said...

I support the grapes! I support the grapes!