Monday, April 16, 2007

Ikea with the girls

Michele had never been to Ikea and I've been talking to Virginia about it so hey, let's go! Kind of a spur of the moment kind of thing. I'm glad Virginia got to go. I knew she and Michele would hit it off. We had a great time and we got out of there without spending too much money. It was a very pleasant afternoon.

Came home and had dinner and a couple bottles of wine. We were going to watch a couple of movies but I didn't make it too far. I konked out early. Gee, I wonder why?

Michele's visit has been a lot of fun. She's leaving this evening. Damn. All my bestest girlfriends are scattered around in 4 different states and none of them live in Riverside. But I will say I'm very happy about getting reaquainted with Virginia. She's fun to be with, easy to talk to and we have a lot in common.

One reason I've enjoyed Michele's visit so much is because she knew Jim so well. We have so much shared history. Lots of good times. Last night we listened to some of the music that the three of us made together. I'm sad that there won't be any more but I also am so thankful for what we had, for all that we did together. Damn, it was fun.

In a little over a week I'm going to Texas to see Dean and visit Ruth, probably for the last time. But hey, you never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll get to Ikea yet! Sounds like you had a good time with your friends. Have fun in Texas! Hi to Dean when you go.
Just wanted to thank you SO MUCH for staying up all night to do Kyle's MooBeard log cover- he was VERY excited about it and said you took pics- are you able to post them here? Carl & I would love to see!
PS :it snowed here yesterday- April 15! ARGGGHHHH

vivage said...

I had a wayyyy good time and it cracked me up that we missed our transition to get home. Bwhahahhaha, that was a classic moment once we realized that we had to loop way around.

Donita Curioso said...

Anne- The Moobeard book was so much fun to put together! I needed a creative project and that one was just the thing. I just hope the pages hold together! I still have to upload the photos.

Snow???? Um....we had...a little rain the other day.

Virginia- Yeah, we missed the turn-off. Three women=Blah, blah, blah. Whatever. We just got more visiting time that way.