Monday, April 23, 2007

Blogging from Texas

I made it here just fine. The flight was uneventful and that's a good flight. We had a yummy steak dinner and watched the latest Bond movie. I konked out early. This morning I slept in. Dean had to work so I was here on my own. I spent a lovely, leisurely day hanging out with the dogs and reading. Oh yeah, I also went to a good, long walk. Ah, that warm, muggy Texas air.

Dean came home at around 3:30 to pick me up and go to the movies. We saw Hoax at the Alamo Draft House. I love the Alamo. It's a chain of movie theaters where they took out every other row of seats and installed these long, thin tables. So you can watch a movie and eat pizza and drink beer. Hoax was underwhelming but we still had a good time. Now we're just hanging out.

Tomorrow I'm taking Dean's car to Joe and Molly's. I wonder what they'll think of her liberal, anti-Dubya bumper stickers? I'm spending the night with them and then we're going to see Ruth. So, you might not hear from me for a few days.

I'm gonna meander a bit before I go to the Butcher's. Maybe check out Garden Ridge Pottery and the SAS outlet. Hey, I'm on vacation.

3 comments:

vivage said...

yay for vacations eh? have fun meandering. btw, i love that word.

Anonymous said...

Re: "What is this thing?", your advice to get rid of junk is right on.

Jim and I talked about that once - his criteria was that if something would cost less than five bucks to replace, and he didn't have an immediate need, he'd toss it. I liked that idea, but never could fully implement it (and it sounds like he didn't always adhere either!)

Of course, I wasn't as bad as my dad. After he died, we found a couple boxes of old rusty and bent nails. He picked that habit up during the Depression and WWII, when nails were often in short supply. "We'd straighten out those old nails and finish building the damn outhouse! That's the way it was AND WE LIKED IT!" (well, that last part is from SNL's "Grumpy Old Man", but you get the idea :@) )

Donita Curioso said...

Hee, hee! Nice to see you, Ray!

My dad was the same way with nails. I sure spent a lot of time banging on old, crooked nails trying to get them straight. When we were kids nails were NOT in short supply. Maybe it was Dad's little joke. Funny Dad.

Thanks for passing along what Jim said. Makes me feel better about tossing that shit out.

Virginia- How's that elbow coming along?