Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

What a nice day! This morning everyone (including the bunny) met in the living room to check out the baskets. Lo and behold, this time I got one! Thanks, girls! Yes, it made me cry. They gave me a bunch of low-carb candy. They also included a box of See's butterscotch squares (not low-carb!) which are my absolute favorite. They also included some sugar free Peeps. Hmmm. Them things ain't Peeps. They had an almost leathery texture on the outside. But they had high entertainment value as we passed them around and had everyone try them. When I handed it to Paige she LEAPT up from the sofa yelling. That bit of action had nothing to do with the Peep and everything to do with the bunny peeing on the leather sofa and Paige sitting in the puddle. Now THAT was funny!

Then we went out for the egg hunt. Man, the older these kids get the more cut-throat the egg hunt. The two boys added a level of competitiveness not usually experienced at a Smith family egg hunt. We had a good time. Missing Jim, though.

Then we gathered up the foodstuffs and headed for Ken's. That was one awesome feast. Grilled marinated tri-tip and chicken thighs, salad, beans, cheesy bread, chicken salad, grilled green onions and cheesecake for dessert. We were STUFFED. Even now I'm kind of uncomfortable.

Tomorrow is Lindsay's and Jessica's birthday. The cheesecake was for them. We also bashed a pinata in the front yard. And why not? Then Paige, Lindsay and Kyle left and I hung out with Ken, Jessica and Anthony for a while. Amber showed up later with a friend. Ken and I went through some Casual Sunday songs just to see what we can still do without Jim. There are several that will sound just fine with two guitars and a uke. We can still do a show! It was an all around pleasant day and we had a good time.

Ugh! I really need to get this knee looked at. It's getting worse and it's keeping me from exercising. I feel like I've gained a few pounds (depressing!). I'll make an appointment tomorrow. Michele's coming for a visit and Lindsay's birthday party is next weekend. After that, we're all going low carb. That should help the knee a little but I'll bet I'm going to need surgery. I'll see if I can schedule it for when I get back from the Texas trip.

Riding my bike doesn't seem to bother the knee so I'm going to start taking bike rides in the evening. I need to get a better seat and some higher handle bars. Right now my hands go numb after I ride for a while. I need to make the bike more comfy so I can ride longer.

Spring is here and I'm feeling hopeful. I know I'll feel much better once I can really walk again. I miss the Rube.

4 comments:

vivage said...

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Paige and Jessica!

Donita Curioso said...

Oops, there! It's Lindsay's birthday today. You're a bit early for Paige. But thanks just the same!

vivage said...

Duh! That's what I get for letting my fingers do the walking. Happy Birthday Lindsey!

Donita Curioso said...

That's LindsAy.

Har!