Sunday, April 15, 2007

What a FUN movie!

Grindhouse! I haven't had that much fun seeing a movie in a very long time. What a ride! I'm all churned up.

Michele is here and we're having a wonderful visit. Yesterday was spent doing a lot of running around getting stuff together for Lindsay's birthday party, which was today. We also went to Ramona to watch the Winter Drumline's practice. Their last show was today. I'm glad Michele got to see it.

This morning we got up early and went to Jeff's mother's house to help him with their big yard sale. Man, we were hauling stuff out of that house non-stop. We just kept taking things out to the front yard and people just kept buying. Michele and I left around noon. We had to go home and do party food and such. We had fun at the yard sale. (So, Jeff, how much did you rake in?)

Lindsay's party was small, just a few friends. Michele and I set out the food and made cupcakes. After helping with party games she and I left for the movie. Now, I hadn't seen any commercials or the trailer for this movie. All I knew was Kurt Russel is in it. Rory saw it and he's been dying to talk to me about it. I've told him NOT to tell me ANYTHING. I wanted to have absolutely no pre-conceived ideas or expectations about it other than the fact that it's a Quentin Tarantino movie and we all know what a romp those can be. So, I won't ruin it for you. Michele and I really enjoyed it. Like, reeeeeaaaally. I want to see it again while it's still in the theaters.

And now I'm going to bed. I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing fast-moving images whenever I close my eyes. It might be a while before I'm actually calmed down enough to go to sleep. Man, I hope I don't dream about it.

Thinking of kittens and duckies right now. Cool, calm waters. Oh look, a fern covered in early morning dew. Breathe in, breathe out...

Damn, now the kitten has a gun.

3 comments:

vivage said...

Liam went to see that in a drive in and he loved it. He's a huge Tarantino and Rodriguez fan.

I'm going to wait til in comes out in dvd, I don't think I can handle the intensity of the big screen.

Donita Curioso said...

Ah, but the intensity is part of the ride. It's an assault on the senses. Most of the time I don't like that. There's not enough of a payoff. But with this there is. I don't like being uncomfortable but with this kind of movie (and Tarantino is so good at this) you have to give yourself permission to accept the discomfort for a couple of hours. He delivers the goods.

So, I'd say go see it on the big screen and watch it through your fingers and enjoy the squirm.

vivage said...

Yeah, I don't like the squirm, do not enjoy it at all. I'd need Xanex to go see the movie.

At home I can control the volume (which seems to be a part of my lack of intensity tolerance) and walk out of the room if I need to.