Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ow, my back...

I think I need a new mattress. This one is 9 years old and it's spent its life having Jim and me sleep on it. I do believe it's shot. A king size mattress is pretty expensive. Maybe I should get a queen sized bed now. The king bed takes up a lot of space. I do like this bed, though. Jim and I built it.

I guess I'll just flip the mattress for now and see if that helps.

Last night I went to Ken's. We played a little music but mostly we just got drunk and talked. It was good. He told me some stories about him and Jim when they were little kids that I had never heard. I laughed so hard! Did some crying, too. Actually, a lot of crying. Good, hard, cleansing, drunken crying. And then suddenly Ken would say something that got me laughing so hard I'd practically fall off my chair. I loves me bro!

Tomrrow we're having an Easter party over there. Just us adults. We're going to take the trebuchet Lindsay made and see if it'll launch Easter eggs. Hmmm, we could set them on fire!

So, I need to take a pain killer and get on with the day. Gotta go to Costco.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right, that's what's missing from the Ken + beer equation: flaming easter eggs.

You will not burn down my trebuchet you crazy lady! =P

sdabh: a very drunken "shut up."

Donita Curioso said...

Oh... yeah... I guess if we set the eggs on fire the trebuchet will go up too. Scratch that.

We can start a fire in the chiminea and launch the eggs into it. Like target practice.

I'd better get more eggs.

vivage said...

Nothing like a fried egg breakfast on Easter!

Donita Curioso said...

More like charred eggs.

Jeez-o-pete! Cal King mattresses at Costco are $800! They don't have regular king size mattresses.

I miss my water bed.

It's almost midnight. Gotta put on my bunny ears.

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!
Carl & I are in Florida on Spring BreaK-trying to escape the Snow flurries in NY-but it's record low temps here too-can't win!
Thanks for being Easter Bunny to my kid!

kgwpog-a rare but delicious Chinese dish