Thursday, June 16, 2005

Another one

Man, two earthquakes in one week. I was in an antique store when this one hit. Everything was rattling like crazy. Dishes were falling off shelves. I was looking around trying to decide where I should stand in this store that had shelves full of crap all the way to the ceiling. I jumped under some baskets that were hanging from a rack. I figured I wouldn't get too hurt if I got bonked on the head with a basket. Some tea cups broke but that was about it. The owner of the store ran out the door.

Before I went into the antique store I took a chance and dropped into a salon to get a haircut. It's always iffy to trust yourself to a new stylist without a recommendation but hey, hair grows. A bad haircut isn't forever and I was at the point where I didn't want to wait for an appointment. Cut it off NOW! Fortunately, this girl was really good. This might be the best haircut I've ever had. AND she gave me a head massage.

Time for lunch.

6 comments:

vivage said...

Ok, now it's happening to me. I posted a comment and it never made it here. So a repeat sorta kinda.

I was driving, where else? Up the hill to take my son to his friends house. I never felt the earthquake. Heard about it on the radio tho. A pepper mill fell off the microwave, some cd's changed positions and I can tell that some pics on the piano moved because the pics are off the dust patterns. Bwhahaha.

I need a haircut. But I cut my own so I should get busy.

Donita Curioso said...

Wow, I wouldn't dare cut my own hair unless it's a bang trim. You're good at it.

Lindsay was driving too so she didn't feel it. When the Loma Prieta quake happened in '89 we were driving. It felt like the car was falling apart. We pulled over and poked around trying to find out what was wrong. Then a kid rode by on a bike and asked us if we felt the earthquake. Duh.

Some stuff fell off the garage shelves and the electricity went out but that was it for us. San Francisco got hammered. Boy, was that a weird time.

vivage said...

Bill told me he tried to call her both on the cell and the landline and couldn't get thru. No power outage here tho.

It was just a normal day for me, no shaking for me. But am wondering when the next one will hit. There sure has been a spate of eq's lately.

vivage said...

ah,,,,that should be here, not her. Unless he has a girlfriend and I'm unconciously channeling that fact.

Donita Curioso said...

That's why they need to add the comments edit feature! Dang!

Donita Curioso said...

Oh man, that was so stupid. News Flash! Los Angeles undamaged by tiny earthquake! A freaking day long.

Yes, we are in trouble. Tonight on the news; Oregon cat stuck in tree.

I hate what we are right now.