Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday

The gold velvet arrived yesterday. It's exactly the right color for this case. Now I just need to get hubby's help with the hinges and get him to wire up the light. Then I can line the case with foam and velvet and cover the outside. That shouldn't take long. It's the kind of thing that I can stay up all night doing.

Tonight is band practice, tomrrow's the gig. We're playing at a house in a neighborhood with small yards and the houses jammed in close together. Oh well, not our problem. If the cops come we'll still get paid.

Tonight we're going to settle on a band name. Really.

The sibs and Dad are at the river this weekend. Dang, we're missing the maiden voyage of the new boat. Oh well. The water is sure to be too cold to swim in. We'll go next time. I'll just enjoy my break. No phone calls from Dad and I can sit on my front porch and enjoy the solitude.

7 comments:

vivage said...

Yay for quiet weekends and getting a break.
Yay for gold velvet!
Yay for jammin and getting paid for it.
Yay for a new band name
Yay!

vivage said...

And hardly roomy enough to open the book as well.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

The whole point of the light is that, when I open the case, a pulp-fictionesque glow will appear, implying that my talent is so cosmiv that still shimmers on the instrument from the last time I played it.

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, that was one of Jeff's requests. We're a full service custom ukulele case maker. You want a light? No problem. Jeff also wanted a heavenly choir to sing a chord when the case opens, but we thought it would be a bit much.

I like the Pulp Fiction angle. The whole glow thing.

That's why I held out for gold fabric. Black or purple would have looked nice but the effect of the light would have been lost.

Man, in my mind's eye I can totally see the completed case. I'm itching to get back to it.

vivage said...

Oh.

No hidden tape recorder to host the heavenly music that should accompany the light?

vivage said...

Dang, I'm scared now. I didn't see your last post about the heavenly choir until after I posted my own post just 3 mins after you.

ooooooooooo.

Donita Curioso said...

Are you ready?

(drum roll)

CASUAL SUNDAY!!!!

We got pretty close to picking one but nothing really jelled. So, for this performance we're Casual Sunday.
We'll keep working on it.

The name I like is The Ringtones. Also,

The Jammies
The Riverbottom Rockers

One band name I came up with looong time ago is Djin-djin and the Pipchix. This is an I Dream Of Genie reference. Djin-djin was Genie's dog and Pipchix are some magic cookies that Genie's mother used to bake. Genie whipped up a batch, Tony ate them, hilarity ensued.

Well, last night I mentioned it to the band and they all liked it! I would never guessed in a million years that they would go for something so goofy and obscure.

But I don't think that will be the name. The search continues.