Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Writing just to be writing.

I won the E-bay auction. I figured I would. The gold velvet will be here soon.

We went to Ooka, that new Japanese restaurant at the Plaza. It's a sushi bar/hibachi style restaurant. Jim likes the hibachi thing so we had that. Our tablemates were kind of rude. They held up the ordering because they were waiting for a friend to show up. Also, there was too much cell phone chatter going on. Jeez, take a break.

We had dental appointments this morning. Now my teeth are a distraction. They feel different and my tongue can't leave them alone. They wanted to do xrays but I'm a pain in the ass gagger. I kept telling them it's better if I put the bitewings in myself but they wouldn't let me try.

When the hygenist called me in she said, "Well, we have Mr. and Mrs. Smith here today. You two are really hot right now." I said, "Oh yeah, we are so like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie." I hadn't thought about it until she said it. Ok, no more joint appointments until that movie goes away.

2 comments:

vivage said...

How was the food and prices at Ooka? I went to the Citrus Grill not too long ago, pretty good food, 12-18.00 for lunch entrees.

Bwhahaha, I guess I never thought of the Mr. & Mrs. Smith thing. I'm sure Jim has had to listen to the Mr. Smith goes to Washington his whole life too huh?

Donita Curioso said...

I don't know but we did get some looks when we were on our honeymoon and checked into motels as Mr. and Mrs. Jim Smith.

Ooka was ok, maybe a little better than Akina. The prices were about the same, too. They played some pretty annoying music. It was this lame techno that was just a lot of pounding one beat for way too long. The wait staff were very good.

I've wondered if Citrus Grill was any good. I'll give it a try.