Saturday, June 04, 2005

Approaching flake-out

It's looking more and more like I'm going to miss tonight's contra dance class. I'm getting into what I'm doing here. Exercise tomorrow, for sure.

I'm making great strides with the uke case. Today Jim and I went to an electronics store to get supplies for installing the light that Jeff requested. Construction of the top and the box is complete. I have to wait until Jim is done wiring up the light. I also need ot find the right fabric for the interior liner. I'm looking for some gold crushed velvet. If I can't get gold I'm thinking of using purple. I'm going to put the hinges on next. It will make working on it unwieldy but I can't think of another way to cover them.

I'm also working on the aquarium diorama. I have the box made. Now I'm working on the volcano. First I cut out the basic shape out of foam core. Then I cut some jaggedy pieces and glued them together to give dimension to the volcano. Then I covered the whole thing in Rigidwrap. It looks pretty good so far. I ran out of Rigidwrap.

Gotta go to Michael's.

2 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Purple might be pretty nice.

Also, I like the button clasp thing idea. It's sort of primitive sounding.

Donita Curioso said...

I think purple would look good with that fabric. Gold would be better but if I can't find any, I'll use purple.

I finished the aquarium diorama. It needs a few adjustments and its own light but it looks pretty cool. The studio is wrecked. Doing two projects at once can get pretty messy.