Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Zoloft kind of day

Got the blues. Just a bit. I've been feeling lately like nothing in my life is working. It's ok, it will pass. There are a number of contributing factors and if I knock some of them out it will help get me unstuck. I feel better now than I did this morning.

I went to Kaiser and got another blood test. Now I can make an appointment for a physical. I want to see what I can do about my weight besides go on yet another diet that will probably fail. I want to get some prescriptions refilled. I want to see if my doctor will shoot my elbow full of cortisone and make it better. This elbow thing is a big fat drag. I want to be able to be Dad's caregiver without letting myself get dragged down.

He was actually doing better today. He managed to take all his vitamins without me having to explain how to do it.

The owner of Mrs. Tiggy Winkles gave some samples of my paper to one of her sales reps. The sales rep called me today. She said she works locally and won't be going to her main office in L.A. for another week or so. But she said she'll show her boss my paper. Fingers crossed.

We cleaned out the car and I got the laundry under control. These are small things but they do make a difference. I think this is the kind of stuff that helps the most. Clear away some of the overwhelm.

Now I am going to put clean sheets on the bed. Clean sheets are a treatment for depression.

2 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I feel that we are living parallel lives in some ways. Your Dad thing is much like my Mom thing. And the hardest part is getting them to do the things that they don't want to do.

Donita Curioso said...

Hey, there! Nice to see you're checking in.

You and I do have a lot of the same stuff going on. You've been at it longer than I have. Every day I learn a little bit more about how to deal with this. So far, it's not terribly hard. It just wears me out.

Dad has actually gotten less stubborn about stuff. What's hard is he needs so much from us right now. He's used to being able to hop in his car and go out to eat or go to the kid's games or go to church. Now we have to take him everywhere. Anytime I say I'm going someplace he wants to go along just so he can get out of the house. This morning he wanted to go to Kaiser with me to get my blood test.

I can't blame him, I know he's going stir crazy. But I spend so much time with him now. When I'm able to go out and run errands it's actually my little break from Dad. Stacey and Drew are great about picking him up and taking him places. Those times are wonderful for us!

Too bad we can't have your mom and my dad just hang out together. I don't think they'd have much to say to each other.

Hey, we need to pick out some fabric to cover your case. I've got it all worked out in my head. I just need to clear off my art table and start building the box.

I didn't think of it before but building this case will probably help improve my outlook. This kind of project always revs me up.

Yep. This is the thing to do.