Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Just whining

Don't you just hate it when other people's problems become yours?

Both girls have boyfriends who are having problems at home. One of them has a mom who is a bit of a nut job (I know, I've talked to her on the phone) and the other has a mom who is too lazy to take care of her son properly and also has a boyfriend who is wanted by the police. There isn't much we can do to help these situations but we end up dealing with the drama generated by them.

Paige wanted to bring home a rat as a pet. I reeeally don't want to take on caring for another animal, especially one that our three cats and Bozzie would love to tear to shreds. I let her know how I felt about it but she decided to apply Paige's Patented Persistent Pressure Pestering technique to see if she could get me to say yes. Jim helped me out of that one but it still left me feeling like the walls were closing in.

Then she decided she wanted a snake. I'm not squeemish about snakes. I just don't want another animal around here. Especially one that requires special care, like feeding it live food. No, no, no. She didn't pressure me too much on this one, remembering how miffed I got about the rat issue.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the VA with Dad for his appointment at the Geriatric Clinic. I'm betting this will take up most of the day. We also have to deal with Dad's finances and his taxes. Dede and David are coming down this weekend to have a look at that and to try to convince Dad that the time to retire from the tree business is now.

But hey, we've made some progress with the giftwrap business. Today we got rejected by the first national distributor that I gave a paper sample to. At least the guy was real nice about it.

I dropped some samples off at a specialty shop that sells Mexican stuff. The guy said he'd show it to his partner. Don't call us, we'll call you. I also dropped in at Olivia's and talked to her about selling the paper in her restaurant. She's all for it, we just have to build a rack that will fit on her counter top. Woo-hoo, success!

It will be ok. Must remember to breathe.

2 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Wow, when did you post this? Usually a comment on my blog gets sent to my e-mail as well. It didn't this time. Hmmm...

Well, I'm coming to Texas. Maybe we can go to Whole Foods on Monday, May 15th.

Donita Curioso said...

HAR! I just went to my in-box and there it was.