Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Aviator

We saw that yesterday. I was underwhelmed. I don't get Leonardo Di Caprio. Yeah, ok, he did a fine acting job but all the acting in the world can't cover up the fact that he looks like a giant baby to me. Maybe in 10 years he'll look like an adult. The skewed color in the first half of the movie was distracting. It made me want to go to the projection room and scream FIX IT. I liked Kate Blanchett, tho.

Afterward, Ken, Sherri, Jim and I went out for Thai food. Then we went to their house and sat on the patio drinking champagne. We talked about band stuff and got silly. I needed that.

I only talked to Dad once yesterday when I called to check on him. He seemed fine. He took all his vitamins and meds. This morning he got his own ride to church. I probably won't see him until late this afternoon. This is good, I needed a break.

I wrote to Dean this morning that these days I feel like I have a five foot long piece of string tied to me with little piece of cardboard attached to the end. The cardboard drags on the ground or sometimes flutters in the wind. I can get through my day but I'm always aware of it and sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing and deal with untangling it.

The Klones are playing Friday at Pepito's. We don't know if Tony will be there. Even if he is, Ken wants me there to sing back up. So, if they want to, Debbie, Dede and David can come to Pepito's and see the Klones.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled.

No comments: