Monday, March 28, 2005

Evening hike

I walked up Mt. Rubidoux this evening. I was supposed to walk with a group that meets there on Mondays and starts up the hill at 6pm sharp. I got there about 10 minutes early. I decided to go ahead and not wait for the group because I figured if I waited to start with them they'd leave me in the dust.

It started getting dark just as I got high enough to see the view. I made it around the back of the hill in time to see the sunset. Gorgeous. When I got to the south side of the hill I could see the big airport light that's right by our house. It was just wonderful up there. I think I like the night time view better.

When I started down it was really dark. I must remember to bring a flashlight next time. The park closes after dark but there were a lot of people starting up the hill as I was just getting to the bottom. I guess they don't enforce the hours.

Whew! My body be creakin' and groanin'. That's quite a walk.

Hot bath, good idea.

No comments: