Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Airplanes

The Riverside Air Show is on Saturday. The participants have started to show up and it's really cool. We've got vintage planes flying around all over the place. There wil be a lot more showing up in the next few days. Last year on the day before the show it was airplane crazy here. Everybody was practicing their routines at the same time ALL DAY. They make their turns right in front of the house. I love living next to the airport.

For those of you who haven't seen where I live, we're at the edge of town next to Riverside Airport. We don't get big commercial jets there, only light planes and the occasional private jet. The police helicopter is also based there. Dad's land is right next to the landing approach so we see planes making their final turn and coming in for a landing. They're very quiet and it's a nice addition to our view.

On the day before the air show it sounds like Snoopy vs. the Red Baron all day long. The vintage planes are much louder and bigger than the light planes we're used to. And these guys are flying pretty low. I love it!

Today Jim and I took two turns around the field and then I grabbed Dad and took him around two times. Yesterday Jim and I went to a pre-diabetes class at Kaiser. They have an exchange diet that I don't really like. I'm going to adapt it a little and just count up the carbs, protein and fat and to hell with those exchanges. I'm going to read The Zone again and see if that will work for me. And I'm exercising. Last night Rubidioux, today 4 times around the field. I'm on a roll! Tomorrow, if Sherri doesn't flake out we'll do Rubidoux. I'll go no matter what.

Ew. They had us weigh ourselves before the class. Ew, ew, ew! It's a great big scale that looks like it could be used in a feed store for weighing big sacks of grain. You could weigh the champion pumpkin on this scale. Thanks a helluva lot. Like I wasn't already feeling bad enough attending a pre-diabetes class.

C'mere, Dumbo, hop on.

No comments: