Monday, March 21, 2005

Shallow thoughts

I'm getting tired of everything being so heavy and significant. I want to think shallow thoughts and do something meaningless. In Santa Rosa I'd get together with the girlfriends once a month for a Stitch and Bitch luncheon. We'd drink wine and eat good food have a good cackle. I could use one of those right now. I'm not saying this activity was shallow and meaningless. It was an escape from heavy significantness.

Tomorrow I want to clean up the studio so I can get started on a project. I'm going to make a ukulele case for Jeff. I have it all planned out in my head and I have a pattern and measurements of the ukulele. It isn't shallow and meaningless but it is something that has nothing to do with Alzheimer's. I've been babysitting his tenor uke for a couple months now. He's going to give it to me in exchange for making the case for this other uke, which has an unusual shape.

On Wednesday, Sherri and I are going to walk up Mt. Rubidioux. We have made a pact. At least once a week we will do some kind of vigorous exercise together. For now, it's hiking the Rube. This will help with the significant heaviness.

2 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

When you were doing your stitch and bitch sessions, were you all stitching the same thing? Maybe you and Virginia could start something.

Ukulele case? Yes!

On Mondays, promptly at 6PM, there is a Sierra Club hike of Mount Rubidioux. Rain or shine. They have never cancelled one for anything. It is PROMPT. They don't wait for anybody. You can walk at your own pace, but it starts at 6PM sharp!

Donita Curioso said...

Stitch and Bitch in name only. No actual stitching ever occurred. Bitching, yes. Stitching, no.

But getting something started with Virginia would be fun. I love dem bead thingies.

The Monday hike sounds cool. Most days at 6pm I'm ready to jump out of my skin. It would be healthier to hike and be with some different people.

I'm cleaning up the studio today. I'm taking a goofing off break now. Case construction will begin soon.