Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stuff

Dede was here for a little while yesterday. We took some of the records to Dad's storage. Damn, them boxes were heavy. Records weigh a lot. After that I met Virginia at Panera for lunch. I don't get to see her as often as I'd like. I showed her the photos of the house. We had a lovely chat about the crazy old people in our lives. We've both decided that we won't be able to avoid turning into crazy old people ourselves. Better apologize to the kids early. We're doomed.

More packing today. At some point I need to take Dad to the VA for a TB test. I'd like to try going for a walk. I think my back can handle it now.

3 comments:

vivage said...

I suppose the benefit of being old, crazy and cranky is you just don't give a damn anymore.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Benefit to whom? It goes back to that saying- Be kind to your kids. They're the ones who are going to pick your nursing home.

Hmmm, we sure have our parents in nice nursing homes. Where did we go wrong?

vivage said...

Benefit to the old cranky one not the ones who have to take care of them (that's for sure!)

Maybe if the parents were in really bad assted living homes and we put them in nicer ones they'd be more appreciative?

Nah. Prolly not.