Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Packing records and eating dust.

Today I have to hang around and wait for dumpster guys. So, while I'm doing that I'm packing up the Ned records. Good golly, it's a lot of records. And they're covered with dust. Puh! I ran out of boxes so I came up here to goof off. I'll grab another pack and get back out there.

I've been through the whole collection and picked out what I want to keep. We've decided to store the rest of them. Once I'm good and settled I'm going to start doing some eBay sales. I'm sure someone out there will want Mantovani, 101 Strings and Longine's Symphonette by the truckload. There's also a LOT of Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Andre Kostelanetz, Bert Kaemfert, Guy Lombardo, Johnny Mathis, ETC! But there's a lot of less schlocky stuff too. Lot's of jazz. TONS of Hawaiian. I'm not sure if it's good Hawaiian, tho. There was a time back in the 60's where everyone and his brother were making Hawaiian albums. Lots of polka records. Lots of country. Some of these albums have great covers.

I can't wait to get the stereo set up so I can start playing the records I chose to keep. That'll be fun. I'd like to add a music feature to my blog and start streaming some of this music. Or start a podcast and call it The Best Of Ned. We'll see. In addition to the records there are five boxes of files that Ned put together. Thet're are all about the music. It'll be fun to go through those, too.

Gotta pack up my outdoor stuff, gotta dig up some plants. I keep waiting for the weather to get cooler so there'll be less transplant shock. This weekend we're going to hack up the sofa and put it in a dumpster. Wheee!!! Packing, packing, packing. Pulling the particles together. So much to do.

Tomorrow is the house inspection. Gonna measure for carpet.

Particles!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait...we are?? So the new sofa will be done by then, yes?

Donita Curioso said...

Nope! The new sofa will never set foot in this house. If it's ready before the move it will go straight into storage.

No, we're going to move the wicker sofa in until the move.

vivage said...

Why don't you just haul it down to the curb and put a "FREE" sign on it. It will be gone by afternoon.

Donita Curioso said...

It's a piece of garbage. Seriously. One cusion is completely worn out because of the dog's toenails. Spiral devastated one the the arms. There are tiny cat claw holes all over the rest of it. It's a sleeper sofa, which means it weighs a freakin' ton. The frame is bent to you can't pull it open. Seriously, it is one effed up sofa. I wouldn't wish it one my worst enemy.

Actually, I would.

Besides, I think it'll be fun to bash it up. Also, I want to re-use the leather on the back. The cushion on our mission rocker is shot. I'm going to have my furniture guy make a new one using this neato piece of lambskin I've been saving and the leather from the back of the sofa. The lambskin is axactly the right size for the top of the cushion. It's the skin of newborn lambs (horrors!). No, no, lots of lambs die soon after birth so hey, why not use 'em? It's black, very short, very soft, curly fur. The sofa is a reddish brown. That leather will look great as the sides and bottom of the cushion.

So, the sofa must die. That it may live again.

vivage said...

And it shall be named the Phoenix Chair.

Or seeing it's going to leave the sofa and land as a chair you could say it's going on the lam(b).

Bwhahahaha, I crack myself up.

Anonymous said...

Oooowwwww that hurt.

segbezvi--delicate area of the lower back easily damaged by bad puns

--dean

vivage said...

Ohhhhh, I hate when I'm dangerous with puns and someone gets hurt!

Baaaaad me.

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia, you should be more careful.