Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fortune cookie sez...

TAKE THAT CHANCE YOU'VE BEEN CONSIDERING

Damn cookie. Pushing me into doing that which I'm too chicken to do.

Today Virginia and I went to the Felt Club show in LA. Lots of cool stuff but too much of it was the same and too much of it was too expensive. Go to the comments on the previous blog entry and click on the link to her blog. She pretty much says it all. I found a few things to give as Christmas gifts and I bought a necklace for myself. The best part of the day was just hanging out with Virginia and talking almost non-stop.

This evening Jeff and I went to see Beowulf. I would recommend seeing it in 3D if you can. I think the jokes would work better. It's not a great movie but we both enjoyed it. Afterward we went to dinner and had a good, long talk. I haven't seen him much lately because we haven't walked together (my bad back). Now I feel like I need to walk the Rube by myself to get back up to speed. I'm a real weakling right now. After the big move I want to start working on getting my fitness level back up. I'm tired of not feeling good.

The pets are all doing well. The "spend money" light went on in my car today. And so it goes.

Tomorrow I resume packing. I want to get some of this chaos under control. I'm going to work on one area at a time so I can get some things completed and actually see the progress.

Good stuff is happening.

7 comments:

vivage said...

Hey, sometimes the spend money light goes on because the gas cap isn't on correctly. Sensor registers something wrong when there really isn't.

So you got to do 2 activities yesterday eh? Hooray, Huzzah!

Donita Curioso said...

Ooh, I'll check on the gas cap.

Yeah, I don't usually drive to LA and back and then go out for the evening. I kept some good company yesterday.

This morning Dad asked me if there was any plan for him to take stuff from the house... like the vanity from his bathroom. He asked if he thought Drew or any of us might need it. I said, no, we've all got vanities in our bathrooms. He said, "Well SOMEONE might need it." I told him I didn't think it would come out in one piece. He started trying to figure out how he can take it out. The more I tried to explain that it wasn't a good idea to rip out a bathroom vanity that was built-in forty-something years ago the madder he got. I told him we have SO much to do and taking out built-in components was a huge waste of our time and energy. I was then reminded again that I'm stupid and I don't listen. I managed to change the subject by noticing something in the next room and asking him about it. Sheesh! Why don't we rip out the fireplace while we're at it?

Anonymous said...

That is a really nice fireplace.

Re: the gas cap--it's true! I just found it out myself recently. But tightening it up doesn't make the light go off right away. At least not on my 2000 Acccord. You have to drive around awhile.

--dean

vivage said...

Diversion is always a good tactic.

Also you could tell him the vanity/kitchen sink/cupboards/whatever is going to be ripped out by Drew/David/whoever 2 days before the sale. Or not. LOL.

OMG, I am so bored here at work.

Donita Curioso said...

I know I should do that. Just say ok to every nutso thing he wants. But damn, I still have a working brain so it's hard to shift into that mode. You want to break up the driveway and take it with you? Sure! Great idea!... Wait! There's all this AIR going to waste. Let's get some scuba tanks and fill 'em up!


Today Bud's guys are out there cutting down Christmas trees. Woo hoo!

Donita Curioso said...

It WAS the gas cap! The other day I went out to the dirveway and the gas cover on the truck was open and the cap was hanging. Someone had tried to steal some gas out of the truck. A little while ago I noticed that the gas cover on the van was open a little. Sure enough, the cap was off and hanging. Same SOB tried to siphon some out of the van.

Yes, I'm ready to move. Stuff gets stolen from here a lot.

vivage said...

I feel like the Heloise of the auto industry!

Damned gas guzzlers and I don't mean the vehicles.

Ya know you could really throw your dad for a loop if you agreed with everything (course he might also get suspicious) but in any case it could turn into a fun game for you.