Monday, November 26, 2007

An omen? A sign from God?

What does it mean?

Just now I was out front looking at the view. I turned and something caught my eye. I looked up at my porch roof. What IS that thing?

It was a duck. There's a duck on my roof. I hurried to the studio and grabbed Lindsay. I told her, "You HAVE to come see this!" She and I both stood there and talked to the duck. It was bobbing its head around, looking at us. But it never moved more than that. I think since it's a bird and it's dark outside it just doesn't have the brain power available to think about being scared. Damn, it's funny.

I'm going to keep Boz inside in case it deicides to try to fly. We'll see if it's there in the morning. If it's injured I'll try to catch it. What is it about this place? Maybe it wants to sell me insurance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aflac! John

vivage said...

I wonder if it's the same duck that was waddling in front of our house not too long ago?

A mallard? About a foot high?

Duck, duck, goose!

Donita Curioso said...

Heh, heh! Hi, John!

It was white with red, bumpy skin around the eyes and beak. It's gone now. So glad I won't be hauling a duck to the new house along with three dogs, three cats and three rabbits. Because if the pattern holds true then two more ducks would have to show up sometime.

Anonymous said...

ducks are good eatin here in Okie-lahoma

Anonymous said...

Wait ... three dogs?

Nancy

Donita Curioso said...

Yep. Gracie, Boz and Lady (my dad's dog). She's small and black with longish fur. Very peppy and cute. She's about 14 years old but you'd never know it to look at her. She's a cool dog but she's not at all housebroken. I'm going to install a doggie door in the garage but I don't know if she'll use it. I'll set her up as best I can so she has a place to sleep and get out of the weather but it'll be up to her to figure it out.