Sunday, September 21, 2008

The show

Ahhh, all done. I really needed to get back to my life. Still, I had fun.

Saturday was the dinner show. I think we did better on Saturday, even though there were more screw-ups. The energy was better and I liked that the house was good and dark during the blackouts. Today's show was fun because Lindsay, Paige, Kyle and Gabe were there. Virginia and Jeff came, too. It was nice seeing them all out there while I was performing. Kind of a security blanket.

I was pleased that the props turned out so well. People laughed when we came out in those big hats. We're supposed to walk out all snooty and then sit down and start singing. Today I misjudged where I was and sat down halfway off my chair. I almost fell over! It just added to the comedy.

Near the end of the show a woman came up to the front and started hassling this old lady at one of the front tables. They argued for a little while and then both of them walked out. I have no idea what it was about. Virginia said the whole thing started at the back of the room. I couldn't see it because the lights were in my eyes. I guess I'll find out what happened eventually. We're going to have a cast party and watch the video of the performance. Maybe someone will know by then what it was all about.

Well, it was fun doing a show. I hadn't done one since just before we left Santa Rosa. I hope I can find the time to do more.

Whew, I'm tired.

6 comments:

vivage said...

It was fun seeing you on stage, I've never seen you on stage.

I didn't notice you misjudging your seat but the young girl who did the Sweeney song nearly made me have a heart attack. At the end of her song she backed up to her chair (which was up against the center stage flat). But she was off, not center and when she went to sit down only half of one cheek landed on the chair.

To her credit, she did't miss a beat, she perched on a quarter of her butt on a corner of the chair.

She actually did quite well even tho I did't mention her in my review.

Anonymous said...

YaaayyyyyyYYYYYYy! Show Biz! Maybe they can post the video on YouTube?? (Would have to be in parts, but could be done.)

-dean

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Doni! I'll betcha you'll get nabbed for another production soon from this!
You're a natural.

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- That girl was the director's daughter. She has a very beautiful voice.

Dean- I thought about that. Eventually we'll all get copies of the dvd.

Nancy- I'd really like to do more. Right now I need to focus on school and getting a better RCC position. If I get the job I just applied for I'll be working until 7:30 in the evening. That would make it difficult to go to rehearsals. We'll see. I do love performing.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

You looked really relaxed and like you were having fun up there, while a few performers looked like they were in pain. I hope you get involved with groups where the talent level isn't quite so lopsided. Community Players and RCLO might be among your next stops. Maybe even UCR Theater. Who knows?

psuddzop: solar-powered instant pudding.

Donita Curioso said...

I love pudding.

I was having fun. I'm glad I looked relaxed because on the other side of these eyeballs relaxation wasn't happenin'.

I do want to do more theater but I don't see that happening any time soon.