Friday, September 05, 2008

The lawyer's advocate

So... Lately the drama lawyer has been very nice to me. She still drives everyone a little nuts with her comments but I've reached the point where her screwy behaviors don't bother me. The other night as we were all leaving rehearsal, one the the women in the cast said to me, "She just has this tension that I really can't deal with." like she was in the middle of a conversation with someone else. I said, "Who?" She said, "Stacey (drama lawyer's name is Stacey). Her attitude is really affecting me and I just can't deal with it." I said, "Well, you'll probably have to find a way to include it and have it be ok because she's not going to change. Just accept that that's the way she is and just do what you need to do." She thought about it for a little bit and then agreed with me and thanked me for my counsel. Heh!

On the way home I was thinking about Stacey a lot. She and I are the only ones in the cast who aren't members of this church. She might be feeling like an outsider and her behavior might just be her way of coping. Besides, I don't think she's any more annoying than some of the other people in the cast.

We have kind of an odd thing in common. I have a sister named Stacey and she has a step-sister named Donita. I think that's why she started feeling comfortable with me. We had a friendly chat about our sisters and names 'n' stuff and things just relaxed.

So, yeah, she's my new BFF. Sorry, Dean.

Oh man, we ran through my big song, which has me running around the stage, and I could barely sing it! I was totally out of breath! I've been slacking off the exercise lately. Not good, for several reasons. So I've got to get back to it or I'll really suck in this show. Last night I went up the Rube and I'm planning to go again tonight. And tomorrow. And every day I possibly can so I can build up my stamina. Last night was the first time I used my iPod on my walk. Wow, it made a huge difference. I was groovin' to the tunes and didn't notice how hard I was working. I need better headphones, tho. Those dinky earbuds kept falling out of my ears.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah - can anybody recommend GOOD lightweight earplugs for the ipod that don't fall out? I've been through 2 pair.

Donita Curioso said...

I'm probably going to get some with ear-grabby thingies. They have a pretty good selection of iPod accessories at Target.

My earbuds are brand new but they distort every once in a while.

vivage said...

I hate the word earbuds.

Sounds ookie.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. I thought your lawyer story was going to end with, "So this woman went and told Stacey that I dissed her, and we went at each other rolling on the floor pulling hair." Imagine my disappointment.

Well... what kind of law does she do? You could use some probate advice.

-dean

P.S. I agree about the ookieness of "earbuds".

Donita Curioso said...

She's an environmental lawyer.

Heh! She and I were joking about getting into a fight and pulling each other's hair. It started because we were in a line waiting to make our entrance. We're supposed to be arm's length apart. She was behind me and accidently poked me kinda hard when she was doing the arm's length thing. I kind of stumbled forward. We both started laughing and joked that we should get into a scrap on opening night.

Last night I went to Target and got some new headphones and now my iPod isn't working. Grrr...