Saturday, September 13, 2008

Almost too tired to blog

I might actually go to bed early tonight.

Yesterday was long and busy and high pressure. I went to Kaiser first thing to have blood drawn and get a chest xray. I'm starting this kind of extreme weight loss program at the end of the month which requires some lab tests and a check up. Bleah. I grabbed some breakfast and then went to Michael's to pick up supplies. I'm making props for the show: 4 big, fancy hats, 9 big pocket watches, 7 hideous masks, and I don't know how many big cards with lyrics on them so the audience can sing along on one of the songs. I have a LOT of work to do.

Then I went into work to do my resume (my sparse resume) and turn in my application for the receptionist job. Dr. Debbie wrote me a very nice letter of recommendation which I also submitted. The process for submitting an application is kind of unfriendly. You have to submit all the documents at once and they're not very clear about explaining how to do it. If you screw it up you don't get a second chance. I had some trouble getting Dr. Deb's letter to attach, but it all finally went through. Afterward, the release of all that pressure caused another emotional meltdown. Jeez, I'm doing too much crying in my car these days.

I went to MoVal to do some shopping. After having a nice, comforting lunch at Mimi's I went to Costco, Lowe's, and Michael's (again). By the time I finished all that it was 5:30. I got home and had about half an hour to sit and decompress before I left to go to show rehearsal. I got home at around 10:00.

This morning I had to be back at the church to rehearse at 8:00. We're having to do some emergency retooling. One of the cast members decided she was just too busy to do the show. The performance is in a week! Fortunately, she wasn't one of the chorus, just a guest performer with three big solos. It didn't mess up anything we had already staged, but it does mean we have to learn her songs and do some additional staging. People are pretty pissed at her but we're dealing with it.

Then I came home and got right to work making props. I've been doing that pretty much nonstop since noon. I finally had to stop because my eyes got all buggy. Tomorrow morning we're doing one of the songs during the church service. Then we're rehearsing for a few hours. After that I'll come home and resume the prop production line. I'm looking forward to the day when I can sleep in and spend a whole day in my jammies goofing off. I believe that will be September 26th.

Oh yeah, I'm tired. My brain is going buzz, buzz, buzz....

6 comments:

vivage said...

Add prop master to the mix!

Hey, btw, Joannes over in MoVal has lots and lots of craft stuff.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

So who dropped out, the Lawyer Lady?

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- Oh yeah, I forgot about Joanne's. I think I have pretty much everything I need now. I might run out of fabric for the hats. Anyway, I'm not going to sweat it.

Jeff- No, it wasn't the lawyer. I never actually met the woman who dropped out. She was supposed to start rehearsals on Friday. Lawyer lady and I have been getting along nicely. You just have to stay away from certain subjects. I'm pretty careful with her. By the way, she's a good friend of Terry's so don't say something like, "Yeah, Donita told us about this bitchy lawyer lady..." No, no, no.

Today's rehearsal was long and we're still making changes. I think I might actually get to live out one of my recurring dreams. The one where I'm in a show and I have a big role and just before the performance I realize I have no idea what to do. I wish we had another week to rehearse. I also wish I had another week to make these props. I'm going to be working like crazy to get them done. So much for getting more exercise this week.

BluePlastic said...

Is MoVal Moreno Valley?

If so I will be amused, since I have a friend who've known longer than I've known Kyle (since like 1998) who lives there. Seems likes a silly coincidence if you're that near his town, when California is such a big state...

Donita Curioso said...

Yep, MoVal is Moreno Valley and it's just over the hill from Riverside. Sounds like you need to come out for a visit.

BluePlastic said...

Oh, don't tempt me. :P

If plane tickets didn't cost three human lungs, I would spend much time in California. I liked it so much when I came out in 2003. It felt like the kind of place I'd like to live.