Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ok, now it is

Today was mellow and uneventful. I went to work and had a good day. Michele called but the conversation was cut a bit short because my phone went dead. Thanks for the call, Michele! After work I went to see Dad. He was much better than last time. I played for him and he sang along. He remembered my name. It was a good visit.

Last night I went to the first weight loss class. It's a pretty intense program but I feel much better about it now. I need to lose 3 pounds before they'll let me have the protein shakes. I guess it's some kind of test to see if you're able to comply. So, today I figure I took in about 1100 calories. This week I have to keep a very detailed food log. I have to record everything I eat and drink, how hungry I am before I eat, where, what my body position is, my emotions, how long it takes me to eat each meal, and the time of day.

So, it looks like the focus of the bloggy is going to change again. It started out as a Halloween blog, then morphed into the Alzheimer's blog, then the losing Jim/grieving widow blog, then the settling-into-this-new-life blog, and now it'll be the freakin' intense, medically supervised, extreme dieting blog. I feel like I just got in line at Disneyland.

So, happy birthday to me. I'm 52.

8 comments:

vivage said...

Pretty amazing to see/read the past 4 years eh?

I hope your birthday week is fab, keep celebrating!

Hey? Do you also have to have an exercise portion to your lifestyle change?

ibsfam = eveyone stand in line (for the bathroom).

Anonymous said...

Heh heh... you have to comply before they give you the protein shake. Do they know you can go to the grocery store and buy a protein shake?

Those sillies.

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

virginia- Exercise is definitely part of the program. So far all they're saying is go out and get some exercise. Later on I'm sure they'll devote some class time to it.

Dean- I know! I'm probably going to get some today. Losing 3 pounds in one week is going to be a challenge.

Donita Curioso said...

By the way, I took Lio to the vet this morning to get tutored.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birfday!
Seems like if I had to write down everything I eat I would eat less just so I wouldn't have to write it!
Good luck with the 1st 3 lbs!
You ever watch that Biggest Loser show? Might be inspiring or at least make you glad you don't have their trainers!
Mommala

Donita Curioso said...

A person could lose weight just by keeping a food log for that very reason. You might want to skip eating something because you don't want to write it down.

I haven't seen that show but it would be nice to have a trainer. Not a crazy Hollywood trainer. Just someone who would kick my ass every once in a while.

BluePlastic said...

Happy birthday, Lindsay-mommy :)

Donita Curioso said...

Thank you, Sarah!