Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Good-bye 2007

I looked up the spelling of "good-bye". Adding the hyphen makes a difference.

I may have just eaten the most delicious apple ever grown on a tree. Seriously, this apple was amazing. A big Golden Delicious, no blemishes, crunchy, full of juice and impossibly sweet.

I'm sick. I'm on day 2 of the cold I caught from Paige. I feel shitty. I look shitty, too.

Last night at 10:30 I drove to LAX to pick up Lindsay and Kyle. Since there was almost no traffic I arrived about 1 1/2 hours early. I found an I-Hop nearby so I figured I could kill some time in there. I was a little surprised at how packed it was. I ordered the breakfast sampler (big mistake) and put my phone on the table so I could know exactly when 2007 ended. I checked it at 10 minutes, then 6, then 2. I spent the last minute just watching that phone. When midnight came there was no fanfare, not even a little one. People in the restaurant acted like this was just any other day of the year. Not one person said yay or Happy New Year. The worst year of my like just slunk away like it understood that it had behaved very, very badly. Bad 2007! No cookie!

I looked at the clock a few minutes later and there it was, 2008 happily ticking by like it owned the place.

Now I'm home and getting nothing done. Foggy head, congested chest, hot eyeballs, achy joints and a sore throat. Sniffles, too. Actually, more like great gobs of snot and phlegm. I'm coughing up major organs. I wish I could sleep more.

I guess I'll go give it a try....

...on my new WONDERFUL mattress from SEARS!

6 comments:

vivage said...

How about a hot steamy bath to get you relaxed so you can sleep?

Ya know, I sorta like the no fanfare of a new year.

I hope you feel better soon.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh yes, I've been taking a lot of baths. We have a big tub. It's much better than the tub at the farm. The water heater clunks a lot but it gets the water good and hot.

I think I'm going through the worst of it right now. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I might have to miss work.

Anonymous said...

Honey you are sick a lot. I hope your immune system gets stronger as you sleep better on your way- more comfy bed. Your back should be happier.

We didn't do anything for New Year's, either. KC went home early and we just flipped channels for different angles on the Times Square ball.

dean

mqnaquco--an island in northern Michigan

Anonymous said...

Look Mommy! I can Blahg again! Phlegm and snot! It's great to be back! Get better now. Eat an Habanero.

Billy Canary said...

OK. I still tryiing to figure this out. I'm gonna post to see if my real name comes up.

Donita Curioso said...

Dean- I think I'm doing the classic after-stress thing. I didn't take my vitamins and I got almost no exercise during November and December. I really haven't been taking care of myself.

Stink Eye- HAR!

Bill- You posted successfully!