Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dad's having some trouble

Mindy called. They were at the airport (Phoenix?) and Dad started having problems. She said his speech was slurred and he was almost incoherent. She was calling me to get a list of Dad's meds. The paramedics got there while I was on the phone with her. We talked for a few more minutes and then she had to go. I haven't heard back from her. It's been a while.

Ok, I just called David. Dad has had a stroke. Don't know much more than that right now. They're giving him a clot busting medication at the hospital. I guess Drew and Mindy will call David when they know more. Holy cow. They were on their way to Texas for Ruth's funeral. This is just amazing.

I'll write more when I hear something.

6 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, they said he's looking better and talking more clearly. They've put him in ICU. And that's all I know. Nobody's going to Texas. They're going to watch him tonight and let us know more tomorrow.

It just keeps coming.

vivage said...

Jeez oh pete! I'm glad he's looking better.

Holy moly.

Nancy said...

Oh, my gosh, Doni! Iʻm so sorry! Are they in Arizona?

Take care - my thoughts are with you.

((hugs))

Donita Curioso said...

Thanks. Yes, they're in Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Good grief. Thank god you have many siblings.

Good luck, Donita. You have had the worst year on record.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

I just wish we could be there helping Drew and Mindy. But there's not much any of us can do. It would just be better if we were handling this at home.

Yep, 2007 was the worst year ever. 2008 is starting out pretty crazy. What is it about January?