Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to work

Yesterday when I went into the extra office I discovered that there was a water leak right over the desk. It had dripped into a big box of student contracts and they were all soaked on one side. I spent four hours spreading out contracts and I only got up to M. This afternoon when I got there the other office assistant had finished spreading them out. All I had to do was re-alphabetize them and put them into tidy piles. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon assembling binders for a retreat this weekend.

That's what I did. I'm an office assistant.

This morning Paige said she was feeling dizzy. Not like she was going to pass out but she was having a hard time with her equilibrium. She wasn't sure if she could handle going to school but she wanted to give it a try. I dropped her off and watched her in my rear view mirror. She went through the gate and then turned around and came back to the car. We came home and called the doctor's office. They could take us right away. She's got a mild case of vertigo, probably associated with the cold she just had. He prescribed motion sickness pills and said it would probably go away soon.

I'm making slow progress moving into this house. Maybe this weekend I can do a big push. I want to get some more stuff out of storage. Lindsay wants to go to Ikea and get a bed frame. I want to check out their lighting.

So, there it is. Ain't life glamorous.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining.

No comments: