Thursday, January 03, 2008

Still sick

Oh man, shouldn't this thing be going away by now? I think it is lifting a little but damn, my throat is RAW. Aleeve is the only thing that works on this pain. But if I take Aleeve I have to put up with the aches and congestion. I can't take anything else because I don't know how they'll interact. Aleeve is pretty powerful stuff. Well, it's an acceptable trade-off. I'll put up with the aches, fever and crud. I can't deal with the throat pain.

Drinking a lot of tea, sucking on a lot of cough drops. I've missed two days of work and will probably stay home tomorrow. That bothers me. I just started this job. Now I'm taking a week off after vacation.

This house looks the same as it did right after the big move. Almost nothing is put away. And now Lindsay says she's starting to feel sick. I hope it goes easy on her. Paige was better after about four days. Maybe Lindsay will get lucky. I hope Kyle is feeling ok.

Ok, enough of this nonsense. I've got too much to do to be laying around immobilized.

5 comments:

vivage said...

Call a pharmacist. They'll let you know which otc drugs you can take with Aleve.

Man, I hope you get better. Billyc said you sounded terrible.

Anonymous said...

A guy I know said he and his whole family were sick over Christmas--they traded the flu bug around. He had to go to the hospital and get some fluids pumped into him.

We missed it here. Well... at least you got it during a slow time at work.

--dean

Billy Canary said...

On the plus side, you sound like Eartha Kitt.

Billy Canary said...

Or Moms Mabley.

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- I think it's starting to lift. I have a bit more energy this morning. I'm going to stop taking Aleeve and switch to Ibuprofen. But that's good advice about calling the pharmacist. I'll remember that for next time. I didn't have much luck looking it up on the web.

Dean- Jesu! The guy had to go to the hospital? Eek. Yeah, it's good I got it and got it over with. I'm supposed to start my Excel class next week. That is, if I get in. I'm signing up a bit late.

Bill- Ok, you caused me actual pain laughing at the Moms Mabley remark.

I must apologize to you. I don't usually receive guests wearing a ratty nightgown and a sweater. I certainly looked more like Moms Mabley than Eartha Kitt yesterday.