Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's a bit of a mystery at this point

Dad was doing better but now he's becoming more and more unresponsive. He just wants to sleep all the time. They did another cat scan on him today to try to find out why. I don't know the results yet. Dede and David are there now and they filled me in on the latest. Stacey is driving out there and she and Dede and Drew are going to drive Dad home. At least that's the plan for now. They have to wait until they know for sure what's going on. He won't be going back to his apartment. He'll go straight into a nursing home.

What a time this is. I think all of us are a little shell-shocked. We worked so hard to get the farm ready to be sold and to get Dad and us moved. I think we were all thinking things were settled and we could take a break and get our own lives back on track. And then Ruth died and Dad had a stroke. Several strokes, really. And it happened in Phoenix! Drew and Mindy have been dealing with this for almost week. Tomorrow is Stacey's birthday. And then there's that big, sad anniversary that's happening on Friday. This is life in a pin ball machine.

I wonder what February will be like?

8 comments:

vivage said...

Yikes. E ticket rides are supposed to be wild but not this wild.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, and they're supposed to be fun.

Anonymous said...

February will be shorter, no question.

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

Heh!

Happy Birthday, Stacey! I hope you have a really wonderful day... in Phoenix... at the hospital...

Woo hoo, partaaaaayyyy!

vivage said...

Hey, I hear they have pretty good drugs there.

Happy Birthday Stacey.

vivage said...

Any news on your dad today?

Donita Curioso said...

I talked to him this morning. His speech is sill slurred and he uses the wrong words sometimes but he's alert and in good spirits. Of course, all this could change in an instant. Right now the plan is for Drew, Dede and Stacey to drive him home tomorrow. He'll go directly into rehab/nursing home. They'll be tomorrow afternoon. I'll go see him after work.

By the way, Virginia, today I told my boss that I'd had some tutoring in Excel this weekend and asked her how it's used in our office. She said,"Well, we really don't use Excel that much. If you want to take a class you should take Word." AARGH!!!! I know that they do use Excel but she said everything they do is already set and if I ever did have to use it I'd just be plugging in numbers. So there ya go.

vivage said...

LOL, well, it's true, unless you're doing financials most offices don't use Excel all that much. And if they do, it's usually pretty basic.

Now Word I know like the back of my hand. Outlook too.

Just give me a holler and I can help tutor more.

And hey, good luck to the sibs on their adventure home tomorrow.