Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stuff

This afternoon I walked around the barnyard and the junk yard checking out the garbage situation. Hoo boy, there's still a lot of stuff out there. Like, really a lot. If we're going to do it ourselves we'll need to hire some help. I don't know. It might be better to have the grader deal with it. I wonder how much it would cost?

I went past the dirt pile where we buried Maggie. Some critter has dug her up. The carcass is almost completely exposed. I think this answers the question of why Boz smells so bad. I think he's been rolling on Maggie. Cripes! We need to cover her up again.

Then I went into the barn and started going through the records. Found some more gems. It's going to be fun listening to this stuff. It's supposed to rain for the next few days. I need to get some tarps to cover the records. That roof looks pretty leaky.

Going through those records is dirty work. I need to clean them before I move them to the new house.

Dad says his arm is still hurting him. I called the VA to get an appointment.

This dirty woman needs a shower.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the guy who was going to fly out and assess the record collection?

--dean

vivage said...

I still think you ought to call my friend Sal who does estate sales. She'll clean it up, sell the shit that will sell and then haul it all away (what doesn't sell) for 25% of the take. And will get it done in 2 wks or less.

You do nothing and you get paid for junk you're just gonna throw a way. Thats way cheaper than doing it yourself or hiring someone.

And if she looks at it and says no thanks, you're not out anything.

Donita Curioso said...

Dean- He's supposed to come out at the end of this month. I should give him a buzz just to make sure.

Virginia- Ok, give me her number. Couldn't hoit.

Donita Curioso said...

This morning Dad's fridge was wide open and everything was warm. I said, "Hey, Dad, your fridge is open." He said, "Don't worry about it! I just left it just now. I had to find my glasses."

Um... no way. I bought him a bunch of stuff at the grocery store last night. He chucked two of the bags right into the veg bin and left the other two on the counter. And then left the door open. So this morning I unpacked the bags and put everything away.

Yeesh.

Anonymous said...

GOD Boz is a jackass! I mean, even dead, Maggie must still smell a little like a dog, and I'd think most dogs would avoid rolling in their dead kin.

"Whoa! This dead thing is distantly related to me! Rolling in it would be totally skeevy! Hey, is that a dead rabbit??"

Donita Curioso said...

Well, of course I can't be sure if Maggie is Boz's favorite dead thing but it's a reasonable explanation.

Drew's here. He and I just covered her up and piled a bunch of debris on top. I topped it off with a heavy tire. That oughta do it. Hopefully if we get a good rain everything will pack down.

Anonymous said...

*sniff* You guys are so foolishly sentimental.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

It's just so hard to let go.