Thursday, August 21, 2008

My face hurts...

...from laughing. Lindsay and I just saw Tropic Thunder. I laughed and laughed hard. The best laughs are in the beginning of the movie and it wraps up nicely at the end. The middle part where all the action is kind of levels off the funny, but there are still some good moments. Quite a good cast.

Tomorrow is my last Friday off. Next week we go back to the regular schedule. Bummer. I reeeally liked having Fridays off.

On Tuesday I had another show rehearsal. Some changes have been made. Instead of having almost every song done ensemble style with everyone singing different lines, the director assigned everyone their own song. There's still a chorus and some trading of lines but I think the whole thing will work much better. And now there's a whole bunch of stuff I won't have to memorize. I think I got one of the best songs. It's Oom-pah-pah from Oliver.

Drama lawyer got all offended again. This woman is sensitive to the point of ridiculous. We were all in a line on stage when someone noticed a spider crawling across the floor in front of us. We had a short discussion about whether or not we should let it live. Then someone said, "It's a black widow!" and so the decision was made. One of the guys stepped on it and left it twitching. I leaned forward and said to the spider, "Do you need representation?" Drama lawyer said, "Hey!" I said, "Really? You thought I was making a derogatory lawyer joke?" She said, "Everyone hates lawyers until they need one!" I was keeping it light but she was serious. Now I'm tempted to make lawyer jokes until her head explodes.

Before that happened I heard her mention a couple of times to different people that she's a lawyer. She reminds me of Tracy Morgan's imitation of Star Jones on SNL (which ALWAYS cracked me up!).

So, all you locals, save this date- Saturday, September 20th. It's going to be a dinner theater thing. I'll post more info when I get it.

7 comments:

vivage said...

Poor spider!

Anonymous said...

Oh please explode her head! Do it during the performance if you can manage it. Do you need lawyer-joke suggestions?

-dean

jenzru--the process of planning a zen-like deserved eviscerating attack.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! I did feel bad for the spider but really, you just can't let black widows live in a place where there are children running around. Still, poor thing.

As much as I'd love to needle the drama lawyer I think I'd better just back away. She might find a reason to sue me.

I wonder if she gets just as hot and bothered about fat jokes (she's on the beefy side). And really, NO one has actually TOLD a lawyer joke. Just mentioning the word lawyer in a humorous context makes her say, "Hey!"

She's just one of those people you meet from time to time.

Anonymous said...

There's a little ditty
They're singing in the city
Especially when they've been
On the gin or the beer

If you've got the patience
Your own imaginations
Will tell you just exactly
What you want to hear

Oom Pa Pa Oom Pa Pa
That's how it goes
Oom Pa Pa Oom Pa Pa
Everyone knows
They all suppose
What they want to suppose
When they hear Oom Pa Pa.

-dean

Anonymous said...

Hi! Mary here. We've just returned from a fabulous Sierra Camping trip, and I'm reading your blog - of course Dean hit my mark with asking if you need lawyer jokes ..... Here's one:

A cruise ship full of lawyers sinks in the ocean, but the sharks don't eat any of them. Why?

Anonymous said...

Sharks aren't cannibals?

-dean

cjokk--sea joke

Anonymous said...

Very good, Dean!

Actual answer:

Professional Courtesy!