Friday, August 08, 2008

A date with myself

I took myself out for dinner and a movie tonight. First I went to Borders and bought a book. I didn't know anything about this book. I wanted something to read, it was there on the shelf, it had an interesting cover and it said it was on the NYT bestseller list, so I grabbed it. It's called The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson. I took it to Coffee Depot, got myself an iced coffee drink and sat on the sofa for a nice, relaxing read. The beginning of the book has a long set-up but it made me laugh at the end of the first chapter, so I think it's going to be good.

While I was enjoying my book a woman from uke circle came in with her boyfriend. We had a nice chat until it was time for me to leave and go see The Pineapple Express. I laughed much. That movie has some great moments. Afterward I went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. I really wanted another one of them Miso Seafood salads. I got a table on the patio. Just before I was ready to order Bill came walking through the gate. I swear, I just about can't go anywhere in Riverside without running into Bill. He joined me at my table. Pretty soon Zoey came walking up with a friend. My table for one instantly became a table for four, but I was the only one ordering food. They got to have the delightful experience of watching me eat a salad.

It was a nice night.

7 comments:

Billy Canary said...

Yeah, next time chew with yer mouth closed.

vivage said...

It's 6 degrees of Billy Canary.

Donita Curioso said...

Ain't he a doll?

Hey, Bill, that's the way I roll. Just stay out of my line of fire.

Anonymous said...

Did you slap your face when you tried to kiss yourself goodnight?

Donita Curioso said...

Oh no, I was very accommodating, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Did you at least tell yourself you were cute before you kissed yourself goodnight?

Donita Curioso said...

Of course. I gotta make with the sweet talk if I'm gonna get me to put out.

I made breakfast for myself the next morning so yeah, it was a successful date.