Friday, February 22, 2008

Some bad, some good. Some really good.

I don't know why I'm not blogging much lately. Things are a happenin'.

I is a student now. It's Scotty Brown's fault. He got this crazy idea in his head that an AA will do me some good. I signed up for Psych 2, Health Science and Word (for work). I've already decided to drop Health Science for this semester. I've still got way too much to do here and it's stuff that can't wait. The bunnies are going bonkers in their small cages so I've got to take some time to build them a big one. We're up to 4 rabbits now. (Heh! At first I typed "rabbis")

Dad has been having some bad days lately. This sundown thing is starting earlier in the day now. He's throwing punches at the staff. He tosses his walker around. I visited him yesterday after they called me and said he was in a foul mood. When I helped him to the bathroom I saw that he has some pretty big bruises all over his body. One of the Sunrise gals asked me if that happened in the hospital. I'm sure it didn't because we were with him the whole time. No, it's happening at Sunrise. I'm sure he gets up and bangs around and falls down a lot. I knew this would happen. When he's in one of his moods he won't stay still. They might think he's down for a rest but he'll get right back up again. They called me a little while ago because he wouldn't eat his dinner and was getting surly with them. I talked to Dad on the phone and got him calmed down a little. We were joking around at the end of the conversation so maybe he's in a better mood now. Drew is going over there in a little while.

They're giving me more hours at work AND I got a raise! It's still not enough to stop the financial bleed but it will make a big difference. It certainly has made a difference in my mood. Got a pep in my step. So, maybe things really will be ok.

Jeff and I went for a nice walk and then did some uke-ing last night. Bill got bogged down and didn't make it. We worked on Hey, Gyp and generally had a pleasant, goofy evening together. Tonight I'm going to Ken's. I'd better get my music book back together!

1 comment:

vivage said...

I swear I left a comment the other day, I wonder what happened to it?

Maybe I dreamt it?

Congrats on the raise! And the skooling!